Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Their prices are ridiculous. Pet quality goldens from AKC champions are typically between $1000-1500. From field lines with equally competitive titles, $800-1200.

IABCA is an okay show registry but the fact that dogs can title with litte/no competition means that a lot of dogs who are 'not bad' (but not great either) end up titling- what I find really valuable about it is the critiques. But these people are using it as a marketing tool.

ETA another thought - I did not see ANY mention of health testing on this site! And in goldens, that's REALLY important.

By comparison, some golden kennels I think are good:
Summit Golden Retrievers (WI) - have a training client with a dog from here and I adore him.
Top Brass Retrievers - top-of-the-line field goldens
Amigold Golden Retreivers (TX) - performance/field lines
Tanbark Goldens - performance lines

·
Registered
21 Posts
This looks like a fairly good kennel to me. However I did not catch if their dogs are registered or not. That would be very important. Are you considering buying one of these puppies? I have never bought a breeder dog before so I do not know much about this.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
OK...you can a profesionally trained gaurd dog for $5000. Why would someone pay $7000 just because the dog can sit on command and doesn't pee in the house?

Really good breeder will teach these things to the puppies for their benifit. And you won't have to pay extra for it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK...you can a profesionally trained gaurd dog for $5000. Why would someone pay $7000 just because the dog can sit on command and doesn't pee in the house?

Really good breeder will teach these things to the puppies for their benifit. And you won't have to pay extra for it.
Didn't catch that part. That does seem quite overpriced.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I can vouch for the Summit Dogs xD!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I know very, very few breeders who tack on huge training costs for pet dogs. If they're going to sell training, either they do it totally separately, they bill hourly/daily/whatever (and dont advertise it as an 'include' with adult dogs that didn't sell as puppies - heck, most folks DISCOUNT their wash-out show dogs!) or they sell totally finished working dogs.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Oh my GOD they have trained young adults for $10,000!! *jawdrop*

Their prices are insane.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts