Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone gave their dog for fleas. I am getting a new puppy in a few week and was wondering what everyone gave their dogs for fleas. I was really leaning toward the flea and heartworm pill in one.Trifexis does anyone use this? we have fleas pretty bad around here and i want something that works good if she is going to be a inside dog.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I use Interceptor for heartworm and Bug Off Garlic for fleas & ticks. I prefer not to use pesticides unless absolutely necessary.

·
Banned
122 Posts
when he was a puppy, he had worms. i used pharma drugs cause i wanted them out asap! wal-mart for the worming stuff. i did the same for the fleas [they were bad, i used the good stuff, not wal-mart brand- doesnt work]. but now, i use the natural, essential oils as a preventative for fleas. and if i see him eating poop or a dead carcass, ill give him some apple cider vinegar..

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Interceptor for worms, Frontline Plus for fleas and ticks. It's worked well so far. I was actually thinking about switching to Trifexis this summer, though. I guess then I would just use something else as needed if we visit a place where there are lots of ticks. Where we live, in the city, I'm more worried about worms and fleas on a regular basis.

·
Registered
468 Posts
An essential oil spray. It is lice season so I have actually been using it on myself just in case lol :)

I don't like the topical flea preventatives. It says not to get onto our skin and to rinse immediately if that does happen, so I don't trust that on my animals. If it is harmful for a 110 pound human to have on their skin I don't understand how it is safe for a dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts