Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a pet sitter/dog walker and I have alot of clients who ask me to bathe their dogs... In the past when I would get my dog back from the groomer before I started doing it myself, she would always smell so good for a week or more. I want to know what groomers use to have that long lasting smell.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Smelling good as in just a nice, clean dog smell, or smelling good as in perfumed? I've always had good luck with my Sam smelling nice for a long while after a bath (with shampoo and conditioner), and haven't noticed a difference the few times he's been to a professional groomer. Some groomers do use dog perfumes or colognes as a 'finishing' thing, but DEFINITELY get the owners' permission if you go that route. Stuff sets off my asthma and I wind up wheezing just on the short car ride home. I also worry that perfumes are way too intense for dogs' sensitive noses when I find them overwhelming, but that may be a matter of the individual too.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Why don't you ask the groomer you use what shampoo/conditioner they use? I'm sure they would be more than willing to tell you what the use. Some groomers have their products listed on their website, too, because people like to know what products are going on their dogs' skin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts