Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Tennis balls. I wrapped and opened them for the dogs.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Wembley got a stocking with some treats in it. Didn't individually wrap stocking things (although I do with the kids stockings, this year, I had to do all my shopping very late and had a bad case of wrapping burnout at 4am long after NORAD tracked Santa through my area).
The kids got him a toy. That was wrapped. We also got him a new bed(Costco has really nice BIG ones for $25, removeable cover and all), but we didn't wait till Xmas day to give it to him, we just plunked in on the floor Xmas eve when we got home from running all over town trying to find the hokey bamboo backscratcher my 7yo wanted Santa to bring.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sadie got some b-day presents on the 23rd. So far she likes her old toys the best. :/ but we did get her a little bit of Christmas dinner, on a reg plate no less! She did enjoy that~ lol. The cat enjoyed his too.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I used to wrap Zoe's but didn't bother this year since I wasn't the one who bought her anything. I was too broke :( My mom bought her a squeaky stuffed dog and a bouncy chew toy. She got so excited about it that she ran all over the room with it and kept stepping and laying down on all our own gifts, as we were unwrapping lol Then, she kept trying to take our gifts, as if hers weren't enough! Everything is for Zoe, how do we not know this by now? :doh:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Lola got a new bed and some yummy 3 Dog Bakery treats. Both dogs got a skinnez, a tennis ball with a pully cord, and a squeaky ball. The new puppy didn't get a bed because he is only 8 weeks and I know he would pee on it or chew it up or both! I also started him on raw when we brought him home so no rich treats yet for him.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tessa got a stuffed penguin toy. It was wrapped, but she did not want to unwrap it herself. She loves it though. So far the penguin is still in relatively good shape, aside from having a part of his beak removed, as well as a partial lobotomy.

I did not get anything for Maggie (she does not like toys), but I was planning on giving her a bed soon. I will either make one or buy the one they have at Costco.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Abbylynn got a new pink collar for her B-day/Christmas gift. :) All other dogs got homemade cookies, dog treats, stuffies, tug ropes, and plastic chew bones as well as real chew bones. :)

All their presents were wrapped and unwrapped by the dogs themselves. ...... Including one of my gifts! Lol! :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Plume got some chunks of lamb from the lamb stew I was cooking, some dried ribs from some uncertain animal (a cow, I think) and a brightly coloured orange and green squeaky stuffed turtle which she managed to almost entirely destroy within 48 hours.

"You go, girl," I thought as I picked up the beady black turtle eyes from the floor, which she luckily hadn't ingested and choked on.

The ribs took her a while longer. She seemed to enjoy them and burped happily in my face once she was finished with them. I found myself once again reminding her of etiquette, which she ignored yet again as she padded contentedly off to MY bed.

Please note that I did not say HER bed, which is in a different room. She seems to feel that MY bed is HERS as well. And honestly, I can not dispute her. She does warm my extremities quite well. And seems to like her furry little head fondled.

The little devilish rib devourer ...

·
Registered
871 Posts
We got them treats. The kids got them some nylabones and my daughter bought some teeny tiny rawhide bones. They have never had these before and they were a BIG hit. Ziva (yorkie) was daintily nibbling on hers for several hours. Zoey gobbled hers up in about one hour and then demanded Ziva give up hers. Ziva (surprisingly) refused, hovering over her bone and screaming. Zoey whopped her in the head with a paw, demanded the bone again. This went on several times. Finally, Zoey starts jumping around like she needs to potty, so DH lets both dogs out. Zoey leads Ziva away from the house, they started playing some canine version of tag, when Zoey disappeared. She had quietly run up to the door to come back in. Ziva (who isnt terribly bright) was still playing the game by herself for a while, finally realized zoey was gone, so she ran back up to come int he house, runs to her spot on the couch where she had her bone, and starts pouting. The bone was gone. After some searching, we found it in Zoeys dish, covered up with kibble.

It was a devious plot. And on Christmas, no less! lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bear and Pig split a rabbit for dinner and got an assortment of new toys. Some were replacements for toys that were starting to look a little rough. Of course, Bear prefers his old, chewed up hole-e-roller to his new one. The biggest hits were the hide-a-squirrel/bee toys though. Bear's muzzle is too wide to actually get the little stuffies out, but he likes to play fetch with the whole hive/tree, chomping down to make the bees/squirrels inside squeak. Pig is able to get the stuffies out and enjoys playing with them, tossing them in the air, shaking them and running after them. Some of the bees are missing their tuft of hair and one of the squirrels is missing an ear, but they're otherwise still intact. Both dogs will use the hive/tree as a pillow after they're done playing. Pig sometimes naps with her nose inside the toy, it's kind of the cutest thing ever.

I'm a big fan of Bear's new ruffwear frisbee. His kong and triple crown flyers always got so slippery within a few tosses because they would be covered in drool. The ruffwear frisbee is fabric, so it just absorbs the slobber. No more messed up throws because of slippery discs.

Pig also loves the wooden treat puzzle. Except she figured it out too quickly, I may as well just be putting the treat on the floor. Bear is a little slower. He knows exactly which compartment the treat is in, but usually can't slide the pieces open. So he just bites at the wood...leaving huge indentations in the process.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Lots of new toys, bones, treats and family time. Here were some they were enjoying this morning.

The ugly little rug that Eleanor was laying on was a gift from my sister. She was laughing when she gave it to all of us as they were freebies from Menards. Eleanor however, loves the ugly little rug and lays on it playing with the little tassel ends.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Luke got more presents than anyone, so many that I think we may need to get him a second toy basket! lol He got about 4 different kinds of treats and 6 different chew bones. He also got a big rope, a lion skineez, a duck skineez that quacks, a rubber Kong squeaky ball, and a big kitty stuffy that squeaks. He takes twice as long at his toy basket trying to decide what to pull out! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts