Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the drama over the lab pups. I was feeling just down. This morning I went out to check on the chickens and it was so nice I decided to go for a walk. I'm lucky that we live in the country on a dirt road in SC. So I got all 4 dogs ready and we hit the road. I must say it was the best idea I've had in ages. There was a breeze and it's a nice warm 69 outside. There was no traffic,no sounds of cars or even people and there was the smell of yellow jasmine in the air. All the dogs walked calmly and were just perfect, I don't even think I spoke a word the whole time we were out. It was one of those times when everything in the world was just perfect. And you were all alone and could just let it go.:angel:
What did you do this morning with your dog(s)?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
So far I gave them all their morning outings and potty times ... one at a time. I then fed them. It is rather cold here today ... lower 40's. The dogs are now playing with Dad. They have a morning play ... rough housing routine with Dad that they look forward to. If it gets warmer later we will be out and about. I am keeping Eddee closer to home as yet ... his shots are not complete and he may have a touch of kennel cough ... the norm lately at my house ... and soon to be the last bout. :/

momof3 ... I am so sorry about the ordeal with the pups. You did all you humanly could under the circumstances ... do not beat yourself up ... all things happen for a reason even if we do not understand .... as I have been learning the hard way myself.....

·
Registered
511 Posts
I took mine out to potty when I got up. Then they ran around while I got laundry out of the dryer, fed the cats, scooped the litter box, set up the coffee pot, and got their food ready. Then in the crates to eat while I showered. After my shower we have some cuddle time and the dogs have play time until my son and I get ready to leave for the day. Then out to potty 1 more time and in the crate with a kong and the radio for company.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I do something similar. I walk my mature Lab mix up to the park, then let him off leash, as we walk the perimeter early in the morning, just before sunrise. Well, I walk the perimeter, and Shep wanders within sight, sniffing all the good news, and planning search and rescue for any cookies or snacks, left by previous strollers. For a good 30 minutes, we have a beautiful, cool sunrise lighting a 10 acre field all to ourselves.... And, everyday, for the past 10 years, it's always refreshing, new, and different from the previous day... A great way to wake up, much better'n coffee and seems to last longer.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hanksimon, Thats the moment we had today,there was no cars,no cell phone,no tv,there was nothing just us and the world. It was like we were totally alone on the planet except for some birds. I came home feel refreshed and ready to take on the world. The dogs are all laying on the porch(our yard is fenced) just enjoying life and being a dog. Some people do yoga and some read to relax but I tell ya there is nothing better than being alone with a dog.

·
Registered
891 Posts
So far, at 5:15 I took Molly out to potty, fed her a nice breakfast & she's gone back to bed with hubs, LOL. Later this morning, we'll go to the beach for a long walk & smell around the meadow.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
So far this morning I got up at 3am to take Damon and Sophie for a hike in the woods behind my house. Home by 5am and then I feed them and the cat before getting in the shower. I took them back outside to go potty before I went to work. I will get home at 11am today and take them for another hike in the woods or maybe a trip to the park near my house for an hour or two. After that we will most likely work on training. :)

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
We'll let you know when we wake up xD So far it's been nothing but potty.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
This is our typical weekday morning. Biscuit jumps in bed about 2 minutes before the alarm goes off, for snuggling purposes. I have never met a dog as snuggly as Biscuit. I finally got up at 7 and we went for a 3-mile walk. This morning we had a nice walk with minimals encounters with other poorly-socialized dogs (happens all too often around here). Then breakfast, then back upstairs where Biscuit lounges in her bed and then comes to lay on the bathmat and watch me shower. Then, when she can tell I'm ready for work, she trots downstairs and goes in her crate and waits for me to take off her collar, turn on the radio, and bring her a couple of Nylabones and a treat. She is a routine-loving dog, that's for sure!

·
Registered
158 Posts
We all slept in so our day is just beginning. It is pouring rain here right now and has been since yesterday so no real outside play time, Delilah wants nothing to do with the rain. So we have gone out to go potty and then she dragged me back inside as fast as she could (I take her out on a leash). I made her breakfast and now she has been getting 20 minutes worth of belly rubs. As each child wakes up she runs to them to say goodmorning, and after being reminded to get down (trying to teach her not to jump) she gets a tons of belly rubs and attention. With 4 kids it works out for her well :)

Once the last child wakes up and give her attention to puppy I am going to get the kids breakfast set up and then do a training and play session with puppy while the kids eat.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Sounds like you had a nice time. I wake up at 6:20-6:30am to walk Luke. We go for a nice 30min walk and then come home to rest. I'm actually 30min off, should've fed him around 11:30, but it's okay. I'll walk him for 10min now and then feed him, then we play, play, play!!!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
We had a typical morning. I roll out of bed around 6:30, let the dogs out to potty, get the coffee ready, let the dogs in. Then we have some brief snuggle / play time because Luke is so excited to see me in the morning (lol). Then I feed the dogs and then myself. I shower and finish getting ready and they go back upstairs to sleep with daddy. I get my husband up and he takes me to work and the dogs get to go for a car ride. Then they hang out at home with dad for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
I took Pip to the dog park, then I took the youngsters scootering. Normal Friday morning, although we went earlier than usual to beat the rain that's supposed to be rolling in at some point.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Alarm goes off at 6:43am and Jubel will either hop out of bed and stretch watching me expectantly for movement or come shove his nose in my face and climb on my chest with his top half once I'm rolled over for morning snuggles. This morning I got snuggles before the "come on get up so I can potty and eat." Once I'm up and dressed, Jubel either shadowing my every move or laying just outside my room at the top of the stairs (shadow this morning), I let him out to potty while I get his breakfast ready. I'll gather stuff up for my lunch while he eats (or not if I plan to go out to lunch like today). Then I put my shoes on to go, if I grab his leash and harness he knows he's going to daycare, if no leash and harness he knows he's home alone until my brother gets home.

Today was a daycare day. As soon as I grabbed the leash and harness he started hopping around excitedly then ran back into the dinning room to get a drink while I put my shoes on. Most days aren't daycare days and I sit on the landing at the bottom of the stairs to put my shoes on, he'll usually hop up next to me and lean in for some loving before I get up and leave. Though sometimes once he determines he isn't going with me he'll run upstairs and jump in my brother's bed to go back to sleep before I even leave the house.

Haha all this happens in about a 15-20 minute time span.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Considering Koda is with my dad and sister at home, nothing with my boy :(
but with Benji, potty training and cleaning the tissue he shredded around the house... LOL

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
What we do every morning: Kabota gets walked first thing, eats his breakfast while I take a shower, then we watch 25-30 minutes of Law & Order before I go to work. (We watch the whole episode on weekends.) He loves Jack McCoy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts