Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had such a great Christmas this year, I definitely got spoiled! My) boyfriend got me a laptop. I'm sooo happy. It's my first one and I've been dying for one for awhile.
My parents bought me a digital cam since all I have is my DSLR and that's a pain to take to social things. I also got the usual things - pjs, looots of sweater socks (the super soft kind!) books, a movie (Thor) a cd (Young the Giant) memory cards, chocolate, bath/lotion stuff, etc.

So, what did YOU get? :D

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Silver Open heart Earrings, Celtic trinity knot necklace, Cologne sampler from Sephora, St Judes Stuffed bear, and a $100 Torrid gift card. It was a smaller Christmas than normal for us because we're building a house that will be ready in Late March or Early April and have to put the down payment out.

·
Registered
11,256 Posts
My big gift was a leather jacket which I'd already gotten when it started to get cold :) But I got a nice variety of smaller gifts like a down pillow, books, wine, some small useful household items, gift certificate to a gun range and to WalMart.

My big gift that I gave to my parents was a sponsorship of a high school student in Nicaragua (where I worked as a teacher after college). Books, shoes, uniforms, dental and vision care, and supervised tutoring 4 days per week. Its a really big chance for a teenager and I know the people that work down there so I know the money will be used efficiently and properly. I also gave them some fun items like wine and wool hiking socks and some food treats.

Chester got a bunch of homemade dog treats (pumpkin/peanut butter/egg/flour and that's it, baked into biscuits) and some store bought treats from other people but his "big gift" of a Ruffwear coat he already had from fall. Both dogs got a new collar too.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Santa brought me a Crosley old fashioned 1940-1950's model rotary style desk phone ( I requested one for my office) :) ... a few nic-nacs, Christmas Carousel, coffee cups,a DVD of The Christmas Story ( I requested) ... and a fruitcake I also requested. No camera though :( I guess I will have to buy one myself. :)

The dogs got all kinds of plush toys and bones and tug ropes and bunches of bacon treats. I had already made them their salmon cookies and they had a little Christmas ham mixed in with their dinner as well as bits of cheeses and people sneaking them tidbits of cookies.

Of course miss Abbylynn ... gave me the Christmas gift of destroying my entire comforter and expensive quilt ... because she had to be in my room for a couple of hours while the humans opened gifts. She is on Santa's Naughty List for next year already! Lol! :)

Still ... it was a nice Christmas. :)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I got a cow which was then donated to a family in Africa that is starving. Each of my brothers and sisters also got cows and donated them to African families. The grand kids got chicks and they donated the flock of chicks to starving families as well. The last few years our family agreed to give rather then get. It takes so much of the stress out of the holiday and the kids are learning what the holiday is about. They also got a few gifts of toys and what not but they learn about giving as well.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I got a cow which was then donated to a family in Africa that is starving. Each of my brothers and sisters also got cows and donated them to African families. The grand kids got chicks and they donated the flock of chicks to starving families as well. The last few years our family agreed to give rather then get. It takes so much of the stress out of the holiday and the kids are learning what the holiday is about. They also got a few gifts of toys and what not but they learn about giving as well.
That is wonderful! :)

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
This is what I got:

Two Movies- Captain America: The First Avenger, and Mr.Poppers Penquins
A braclet (a punkish yet stylish one from Penelope, has studs on it)
Wii Fit Balance Board and Game
Virginia Tech Scarf

I gave my family
A Nintendo 3DS game- Mario Kart 7
Slice-O-Matic, that as seen on tv slicer
Food Saver- the vacuum sealer
Dremel Engraver and Engraving bits

My mom got the most gifts.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got a few kitchen things (pizza stone, salad spinner thing, etc) and money from my parents.
My bf gave me a copy of 'Animal Crossing - City Folks' for the Wii and a book about drawing.
We got more money from my grandmother-in-law and I'm sure my grandmother will give us some money too (she always does). I will probably put most of that money aside until I have enough to buy myself a Kitchenaid mixer.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I got a gently used wii from my uncle. Danny got me the Epic (my first smartphone that I'm typing this on right now ^_^) and he got me Skyward Sword. My friend from work got me the wii fit board and game

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I got a gently used wii from my uncle. Danny got me the Epic (my first smartphone that I'm typing this on right now ^_^) and he got me Skyward Sword. My friend from work got me the wii fit board and game
Have you played Skyword Sword yet? That is most likely the next game I get for wii.

·
Registered
871 Posts
My husband bought me a kindle fire.....I was stunned!! and every excited. Last night I loaded a ton of books on it, but Im still having trouble with loading free apps:( I emailed customer support last night and hopefully will work that out today. Two of my kids went together and bought me Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On stranger tides, which was awesome, bc its my favorite! My oldest daughter bought me a mini Mad Gab game, and my youngest boy bought me new ear buds, which I needed. My mom made us cry by giving my sister, SIL and me the same gift: diamond stud earrings made from her wedding band. She had it taken apart and made the earrings for us girls, for my brother, a ring, and my husband (who doesnt wear jewelry) a tie clip with a diamond stud. It was a beautiful gift but hard, also.....the third finger of her left hand has been wearing her boyfriends promise ring (my dad died 2 years ago). My brother and his wife made boxes of treats for everyone: baked goods, homemade goat milk soap, and apple pie vodka (which is good).

Mostly, my sons (9 and 11) got a bunch of xbox games. Gamestop had a weekend where all preowned games were buy two, get one free, so we took advantage of that. Also, they got a remote control car each, each a nerf gun, some clothes, each a new coat.
My oldest daughter got her class ring, new clothes, purse, lots of perfume, a Mumford and sons cd. My younger daughter got an ottoman with storage inside to keep her guitar books and pics, a Skrillex cd, clothes, combat boots, hitop converse. And I gave her my old black leather biker jacket, which my parents bought for me when I was 15.

They all got an ipod touch and a new sled and some itunes and apps cards.

We were all very surprised when my 14 yr olds boyfriend showed up with her gift (keeping in mind they say "boyfriend/girlfriend" in the sense that they hang out at my house, hold hands at school, and text each other, bc she isnt allowed to go on dates yet) and he brought her an electric/acoustic guitar with a case. !!!!!! She was thrilled but it seems like such a tremendous gift for such young kids to exchange.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My best gift this year was a peaceful day with my 21-year-old daughter; we don't always get along, so this was by far the greatest.
Other than that, I got a Land's End down coat from my DH, A pearl pendant from my daughter that I will treasure, and my favorite perfume (that's a bit hard to find, so points to him for going the extra mile for Dear Old Mom, lol) from my son.
And my Mom (86, and not in good health) got to be with us on Christmas Day for another year, so that meant a lot. All in all, a wonderful day!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Have you played Skyword Sword yet? That is most likely the next game I get for wii.
I didn't like it at first, but that was because I had never really played a Wii game before and the controls were very difficult for me to get down. But now that I've been playing it for a few days I'm definitely hooked. I doubt it will top my favorite Zelda, Ocarina of Time, but so far I like it more than Wind Waker and possibly more than Twilight Princess. I'd definitely get it if you like the other Zelda games.

·
Banned
7,725 Posts
Christmas was a little tight around here this year. :/ Still GREAT spending time with all of my family.

I got a car seat cover for the dogs, new peacoat, matching ruby necklace/earrings, bed frame, bolt bin for collar hardware, keurig coffe maker, steam cleaner, holister belt, an american eagle sweater & socks, $80 cash, $100 in different gift cards, a detroit lions tee, some travel mugs, pajama pants, canvas picture, lamp, assorted candy, and 2 different lotions/body spray sets.

The dogs got about 15-20 stuffies and kong balls, and a few various treats/toys from family.

I gave my boyfriend a new sweater, skyrim video game, 2 pairs of his favorite underwear, a package of his favorite socks, a pair of pants, and a few thermal shirts.
My mom got a lamp, and two shirts.
My dad got a dress shirt, lions tee, and a gun cleaning kit.
In-laws got a quilt.
dogs in the family all got brand new satin-lined hand made collars from me.
cousins got a video game and sweatpants.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I got a lot of kitchen things, some repeats from my parents and my boyfriends parents. New kitchen aid mixing bowls, two cast iron skillets, electric griddle, victoria secret pink duffel bag, cabin socks, VS bra, VS panties, nike fleece gloves, decal for my mac, new iphone wallet, more mixing bowls, donut hole maker, nike zip up and sweat pants, fleece pjs, and some candy stuff.

My boyfriend got a 50 in tv which I will accept as a present to myself as well :)

I got Mick some new racquet balls, some bullies, and a rawhide. he rarely gets those but he loves them and he would be under my close watch on the holiday. my mom got him a rubber ring and a soccer ball plushy.

Gave...

boyfriend a ryobi flashlight, craftsman mechanic tool set, turtle beach headset for his ps3, boxers, candy, coffee and soap.
mom a peacoat and CD
dad a red warm button up, a watch, 2 dvds and a bubba mug
brother socks and amazon giftcard
sister a cute tote from etsy and a notepad she wanted
niece a curious george matching game
nephew some harry potter stuff

jees, looking back that was a lot of exchanging. I love the holidays and finally being able to give, even though I still receive way too much. I figured with all the new things I got it's time to really clean out the closet for the new year and donate some things to actual churches and shelters instead of goodwill and what not.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Sewing machine
Soda stream
Gift cards
Chocolate
Ipod
Note book
Camera strap cover ( i got a new camera for myself for Christmas a few months back)
PIcture frame
Coasters
Egg waffle pan
Filled pancake pan

Abe got so much stuff its ridiculous.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My husband bought me a kindle fire.....I was stunned!! and every excited. Last night I loaded a ton of books on it, but Im still having trouble with loading free apps:( I emailed customer support last night and hopefully will work that out today. Two of my kids went together and bought me Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On stranger tides, which was awesome, bc its my favorite! My oldest daughter bought me a mini Mad Gab game, and my youngest boy bought me new ear buds, which I needed. My mom made us cry by giving my sister, SIL and me the same gift: diamond stud earrings made from her wedding band. She had it taken apart and made the earrings for us girls, for my brother, a ring, and my husband (who doesnt wear jewelry) a tie clip with a diamond stud. It was a beautiful gift but hard, also.....the third finger of her left hand has been wearing her boyfriends promise ring (my dad died 2 years ago). My brother and his wife made boxes of treats for everyone: baked goods, homemade goat milk soap, and apple pie vodka (which is good).

Mostly, my sons (9 and 11) got a bunch of xbox games. Gamestop had a weekend where all preowned games were buy two, get one free, so we took advantage of that. Also, they got a remote control car each, each a nerf gun, some clothes, each a new coat.
My oldest daughter got her class ring, new clothes, purse, lots of perfume, a Mumford and sons cd. My younger daughter got an ottoman with storage inside to keep her guitar books and pics, a Skrillex cd, clothes, combat boots, hitop converse. And I gave her my old black leather biker jacket, which my parents bought for me when I was 15.
Wow, sounds like you all got spoiled! Those are nice gifts, for sure, especially what your mom did for all of you. I bought the Mumford and Sons album months ago, it's amazing! And Skrillex is great as well.

Christmas was a little tight around here this year. :/ Still GREAT spending time with all of my family.

I got a car seat cover for the dogs, new peacoat, matching ruby necklace/earrings, bed frame, bolt bin for collar hardware, keurig coffe maker, steam cleaner, holister belt, an american eagle sweater & socks, $80 cash, $100 in different gift cards, a detroit lions tee, some travel mugs, pajama pants, canvas picture, lamp, assorted candy, and 2 different lotions/body spray sets.

The dogs got about 15-20 stuffies and kong balls, and a few various treats/toys from family.

I gave my boyfriend a new sweater, skyrim video game, 2 pairs of his favorite underwear, a package of his favorite socks, a pair of pants, and a few thermal shirts.
My mom got a lamp, and two shirts.
My dad got a dress shirt, lions tee, and a gun cleaning kit.
In-laws got a quilt.
dogs in the family all got brand new satin-lined hand made collars from me.
cousins got a video game and sweatpants.
That's tight for you? Do you mean tight as in you didn't get many things for yourself, or you didn't get many things for family?
It was a bit tight for my family and I as well.
I bought:
My mom - a book and Adele DVD
My dad - A sweater and wool socks from Eddie Bauer
My sister - a pewter and crystal dragon and wizard from the Myth and Magic collection (she's bananas for it) and a Michael Smith cookbook
My brother - vodka
My other brother - Spiced rum
My boyfriend - an In Flames t-shirt, a display dagger with a dragon for the handle and a Claddagh ring (celtic ring for love, friendship and loyalty)

·
Registered
290 Posts
My kids got far too much to even name as usual. I got a few movies I'd been wanting, some chocolate, a nice photo frame, a ornament for the tree, some PS3 games, and last but far from least- a new vacuum. The last was my favorite present being as it is lightweight and has power which isn't easy to find. Because of my health issues I needed a light one. Awesome christmas!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts