Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve had my dog for about two and a half years now but I never stopped to think about what breeds she may be. I was told she is a (miniature?) schnauzer x scottie, but her ears don’t really look like either. I’m wondering if there could be a third breed in her? I have some photos of her below.

She’s about 23lbs, spayed and around 2 1/2 years old. Quite muscular and is pretty fast, like most terriers she is very alert and a very vocal dog who barks at any sound. She is very bold and likes to bark at others when they visit our house to announce her presence and wants them to pet her or she won’t stop barking. She doesn’t really shed all that much or at all. Her coat is curly and some parts of her are a bit wirey but she’s not really waterproof at all. Her fur feels like synthetic hair but is soft in parts lol. She defintely looks like a scottie though, but the way her fur and ears grows reminds me of a bit like a skye terrier, though theirs is quite a bit longer. She’s also super loyal but may be stubborn at times. Really food motivated lol.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated! :) In some photos she had a trim so her fur looks a bit shorter. The first 4 photos of her was before she got a haircut (when she was still around a year old or less)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Given the rarity of Skye Terriers (ranking 172 out of 190 breeds registered with the AKC in 2017), and the fact that her conformation is quite similar to a Scottie, I doubt there is any Skye in her. Poodle is a much more likely option, given that people cross them with pretty much everything under the sun. Also, the curliness is more reminiscent of Poodle than the straight coat of a Skye.

Whatever she is, she's adorable.

·
Registered
146 Posts
In some of the pics, her ears have a papillon appearance, but papillons are small-boned, slightly built dogs and your girl looks pretty solid. I agree with LeoRose that her coat looks like poodle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts