Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got our guy from a shelter, he's around 6 1/2 months. We know he probably has GSP but does he look like he has anything else? Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you! He's a sweetie too! I looked that up and I hadn't thought springer spaniel but that definitely does look like he could be that. Apparently that's a cross that some people do on purpose and call them Sprointers lol

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Definitely GSP. It looks like he has houndy ears and a houndy head/neck. GSPs have houndy ears, but their muzzle is usually less pointy than your guys'. It's hard to tell with a mix.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
I think a GSP will look at airplanes and will follow your hand [Almost to the point of obsessions] if you move it around, especially if you have something interesting. I don't think that a spaniel moves as rapidly as a GSP ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think a GSP will look at airplanes and will follow your hand [Almost to the point of obsessions] if you move it around, especially if you have something interesting. I don't think that a spaniel moves as rapidly as a GSP ?
He definitely looks at birds, chases butterflies, etc and he does point.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He gets pretty rambunctious when he needs exercise but seems to be mellowing a lot already for his age, maybe that's the hound?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts