Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adopted this little guy from a shelter two days ago, he is about 7 weeks old and 6-7 pounds. Very playful, loves his crate, but can also be extremely calm and loves to lay in your lap! Pictures attached:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow he's cute! Did the shelter have any idea as to what he was?

I second the pitbull mix. Probably a mix with a longer hair breed, as all the pure pit bulls I know were smooth as pups.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
possibly pit mix....maybe a boxer mix.....hard to tell when they are so young. What did the shelter say....was the mom around?

He is a very cute little guy :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Wow, he's adorable! Thanks for adopting this precious puppy!

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Too young to put the "lab mix" or Pit bull mix" label down on the pup,very cute though.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
hmm,would seem a member of the Pit family in that shot,still too young to tell.

As the good looker grows it will be more easy to pick out what the pup could be,did the shelter not indicate any breed possibiltys>

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tag said "Lab/Terrier mix" - when I asked if the terrier was pitbull, they said absolutely not (but I think they say no becuase of the bad stereotypes and they dont want people turned off by it, but I dont care). The shelters vet tech said that he was Chihuahua terrier mix. My next door neighbor is a Vet and said she thinks he is a boxer-type mix. So I have no clue...

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
It's hard to say. He is very "generic" looking if you know what I mean. Lab/Terrier mix seems like the protocol description for a Heinz 57, nowadays. :D And to me all puppies look alike regardless of breed at that age.

He is very cute, though!

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
The tag said "Lab/Terrier mix" - when I asked if the terrier was pitbull, they said absolutely not (but I think they say no becuase of the bad stereotypes and they dont want people turned off by it, but I dont care). The shelters vet tech said that he was Chihuahua terrier mix. My next door neighbor is a Vet and said she thinks he is a boxer-type mix. So I have no clue...
How could they say ABSOLUTELY not.....did they know both parents...?

I agree with Mr Pooch and MM.....a little early to tell....but I would very much doubt chihuahua mix.....at 7 week and 7lbs...he would be a very very large chihuahua:D

honestly he could be a mix of more then just 2 breeds.....

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I know with most DNA testing they don't test for every breed...I know that APBT is not on the list they test on most brands...so make sure you read over the test to see ...otherwise you will get a crazy result:)

of course he could not have any pit in him so it might not be an issue:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts