Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! About a month ago I found a puppy behind my apartment buildings dumpster. He was extremely bloated (yet emaciated), dehydrated, and dirty. I rushed him to the animal ER and (after trying to find his owner), became his new adopted father.

I've named him Félix José Esteban [insert my last name] and he's the most beautiful creature to grace this planet!

JUST FOR CURIOSITY's SAKE, I would like to know what breed(s) you internet folks think he may be. I think there are heavy chihuahua influences, and perhaps some distant corgi relatives (these ears)!

Let me know what you think (pics via the link)! Thanks!

https://www.instagram.com/pawsandanarchy/

·
Registered
627 Posts
He is looking good. You might be right on with the chi and corgi, short legs, kinds of long body, maybe some doxie. Would have his nails clipped or ground, they look long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I actually need to make another post, because his quick goes all the way to the tip of his nails (in a lot of them). I've cut what I can and have very judiciously filed the rest. But I am unsure how to proceed--I forgot to ask the vet when we got shots (mostly because I was such a baby about him getting jabbed).

·
Registered
320 Posts
From what I've read, the quick tends to come down farther when the nails grow long, but you can "chase it back" by continuing to do what you're doing, just trim back as far as you can little by little! It is so much easier with light-colored transparent nails, for sure. Felix is a bundle of adorableness and I love his huge ears. I think that "Chiweenie" (Chihuahua and Dachshund) is a good guess!

·
Super Moderator
2,968 Posts
I would say definitely Chihuahua, and Corgi might be a good guess! Or a Dachshund. He might just look long right now because he's a puppy, too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see corgi ears... Glad you adopted him. He looks like a sweetheart. =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts