Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello dogforum community! My husband gave me the most wonderful Christmas gift of adopting a puppy, and the one we fell in love with was listed as a boxer/lab mix (most likely from her brindle color), so we expected her to get much bigger than she is! Our pup, Maui, is 5 months old and only 19 lbs, so I am pretty sure she is neither boxer nor lab! I've done lots of research trying to figure it out, and maybe am thinking she may be part whippet because of her brindle color? Our vet mentioned she may have basenji, but not sure on that one either.

Some other things to note is she is high energy, very quick, and loves to jump. Here are some pics. We would love to know what others think she may have in her!

IMG_1225.jpg

maui 2.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
She is adorable! Reminds me a little of my Lucy ... the very long legs. Her color says Italian Greyhound to me ... though just a guess. :) Maybe some terrier there as well.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Have you ever seen a person who actually looked like their dog? I totally thought this thread was going to be about that. Or what breed(s) your personality corresponds to. :)

She's really adorable! I can see some type of sight hound or basenji. If you're really interested, you could get her DNA tested.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
She reminds me of my girl, especially in your third pic, who is also sometimes guessed to be a Boxer mix and all kinds of different things. But mine is only 28 lbs. full grown, and was also around the same size as yours at 5 months (17-18 lbs.). The DNA test didn't help at all. Good luck finding out. I could see some sighthound in there too, or some kind of small terrier, like a Rat Terrier or Boston Terrier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you ever seen a person who actually looked like their dog? I totally thought this thread was going to be about that. Or what breed(s) your personality corresponds to. :)

She's really adorable! I can see some type of sight hound or basenji. If you're really interested, you could get her DNA tested.
YES! I have seen plenty of people who look like their dogs. That would be a hilarious thread. :) I can see why you thought that may be what this thread is about. Guess I should be careful when "speaking" as my pup in first person.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies! I think a DNA test may happen, but who knows what info that will give me. I wish I had the contact info for those who adopter her sister to see what she looks like. Here's the adoption pics of her sister. Don't look very alike at all! :confused:

purple.jpg

purple 3.jpg

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
She sure is cute :) But I don't see any sort of sighthound in her. She looks like a well put together mixed breed to me ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So I think I may have some idea...my sister in-law, who is in vet school, just told me to search "brindle Lurcher". A Lurcher is basically a sight hound mix...anyone else agree?

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Wow, that brindle is striking! She's like a tiger! (I have a thing for brindle, can you tell?)

I agree with the greyhound/italian greyhound idea. She has that face and build.

Whatever she is, she's really cute.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts