Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We rescued a mix a couple months ago and people love trying to figure out what he is. His DNA test is being mailed out today to get an idea but I thought it would be fun to see what people think before we get results back.

He is 10 months old, very talkative, rambunctious,stubborn, but super quick to learn when focused. Extremely food motivated. Webbed feet, curly tail, skinny stature. 48 lbs. No matter how hard or for how long you run him, he takes a 2 minute power nap and is back to full energy. Super cuddler. No understanding of personal space.
(Severe separation anxiety and fear of strangers due to his previous home and being a covid puppy)

We have gotten a lot of husky, pitt, working kelpie, and lab from people so far. I will post results once we receive them.

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Whiskers Ear
Dog Dog supply Carnivore Collar Pet supply
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Grass

·
Registered
Cat-dog, GSD spayed female and Tornado-dog, JRT mix, neutered male
176 Posts
I'd guess there is beagle and many basenji in there. Possibly border collie.

Reactions: Cloudyrva

·
Super Moderator
2,919 Posts
I definitely believe husky, and some kind of bully or hound would explain the shorter coat and blockier face, but I'd bet there's 3+ breeds in there! It'll be interesting to see how he matures. Do let us know when the test comes back!

·
Registered
Cat-dog, GSD spayed female and Tornado-dog, JRT mix, neutered male
176 Posts
The webbed toes could come from lab or pointer or spaniel. Or even doxie or poodle.

The face mask could be husky, but it could also be beagle (look at the beagle in the forum banner at the top). The talkativeness could be from either too, or basenji.

The liver coloring could come from many things: lab, husky, doxie, pointer, spaniel, dobie, poodle, etc.

The tail could be from husky, etc, or basenji.

His narrowness and long legs could be from husky, but also pointer or poodle.

I really don't see anything pit in him.

I would definitely say at least three breeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts