Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a puppy from the local Humane Society last week, and was told she is an Aussie/Rottie mix. However, her coat is not like either of those and is much more like a Lab's. I was wondering if any of you guys could maybe figure out what she is, and if what I was told is correct.

She's 3 months old, and I know that makes it hard to tell. She's definitely got Aussie or some kind of Heeler in her, because she has a white/tan merle pattern, and she's pretty big too, which could be the Rottie showing through. Here are a couple pictures:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi, This is my dog, Lucy. I was told she is also a rotti/aussie mix (meaning australian shepherd) - though, maybe you meant australian cattle dog for your pup? Without testing, we'll never really know for sure. It's always fun to get opinions from here. Some people are very knowledgeable (not I!)

[/IMG]

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, This is my dog, Lucy. I was told she is also a rotti/aussie mix (meaning australian shepherd) - though, maybe you meant australian cattle dog for your pup? Without testing, we'll never really know for sure. It's always fun to get opinions from here. Some people are very knowledgeable (not I!)
Yeah I meant Australian Shepherd. That's what the Humane Society had her listed as. I definitely could see how it could be an Australian Cattle dog though, since they have shorter hair. Maybe as she gets bigger I'll be able to tell better.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She looks alot less like a Pit when you see her in person. For some reason pictures make her look like one lol. I've seen some Lab/Rottie Mixes that look like her without the merle markins, so I was thinking maybe she has a bit of Lab in her...

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
She's not actually merle, just heavily ticked like an australian Cattle dog. I see terrier and cattle dog but that's just a guess!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She's not actually merle, just heavily ticked like an australian Cattle dog. I see terrier and cattle dog but that's just a guess!
That's a better way of describing it. I tell people merle-ish lol. the only thing that keeps me from saying she's got terrier is the fact that she's already bigger than most terriers are full grown.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Well, I can see the Australian Cattle dog in her, but no Rottie. You are right in the pictures she does look sort of Pit/Cattle dog mix. She is a cutie for sure. I can't wait to see her in a few more months. It is really hard to see breed in puppies as they change so quickly. I hope you and Nala hang around and share stories about her puppy antics. ;) God bless you for adopting this lovely little lady. Work hard on socializing and training and you should have a wonderful little dog... well, maybe BIG dog. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Inga, I will definitely post more pictures as she grows so we can maybe see what she turns into. I too was a bit surprised when her paperwork said Rottie on it, because I agree that you can't see it at all.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Yeah, I'd say ACD and Pittie mix, I don't see any rott in her at all!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm really new at this doggie stuff, so I really have no idea, but my first impression was that she looks like a APBT, but not Rotti.

[/IMG]
She is one of the prettiest dogs I have ever seen!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts