Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Cute x Adorable? With just these pictures to go on, I can't go much further than that, since I have no real reference for size.

·
Super Moderator
2,523 Posts
She's a real cutie! The ears and tail make me think Pomeranian might be in there somewhere, especially if she's on the smaller side, but it's so hard to guess from looks alone. Some of the DNA tests are pretty decent these days, with Embark and Wisdom Panel being the ones with the best reputation (I prefer Embark because they also test for genetic disease markers which can give you a heads up that your pup might be prone to certain illnesses and what to look out for). Those will probably be the closest you can come to a clear answer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She's a real cutie! The ears and tail make me think Pomeranian might be in there somewhere, especially if she's on the smaller side, but it's so hard to guess from looks alone. Some of the DNA tests are pretty decent these days, with Embark and Wisdom Panel being the ones with the best reputation (I prefer Embark because they also test for genetic disease markers which can give you a heads up that your pup might be prone to certain illnesses and what to look out for). Those will probably be the closest you can come to a clear answer.
I thought Pomeranian too or maybe a Papillon mix?
Thanks for this info, I wasn't sure which test to go for!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
She's 4 kg and 8-9 inches tall
She's a lot smaller than I was thinking, then. I would agree that there's the possibility of her being a Papillion cross.

·
Super Moderator
2,967 Posts
I would believe Papillon mix. Maybe some Chihuahua?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts