Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Looks like it could be an ACD x pit mix, or ACD and some kind of brindle hound.

But, I'd pick a breed based off of personality traits you are looking for, versus finding a dog you think looks cool and picking that way. If you are looking for just an all around family/pet dog and nothing in particular, look on petfinder - there are tons of dogs with interesting markings that would love a couch to sleep on and a walk in the morning and evenings.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I agree, it's quite possibly an Australian Cattle Dog mix. ACD can be very strong willed dogs, who need an owner who can stay at least one step ahead of them.

While looks can certainly come into play when selecting a dog, breed traits and characteristics are even more important. I love the look of my long stock coat GSD (especially her coloring), that gorgeous coat leaves tumbleweeds of loose fur everywhere. If you find dust bunnies the size of a Volkswagen lurking under your couch abhorrent, then you don't want a dog who sheds like a fiend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My family has always run cattle so red and blue heelers are the only dogs we’ve ever had and I love them. This dog has some of the same characteristics but the face doesn’t seem as pointed.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
My family has always run cattle so red and blue heelers are the only dogs we’ve ever had and I love them. This dog has some of the same characteristics but the face doesn’t seem as pointed.
Because it is more than likely a mixed breed. No way of knowing what that mix is for sure. It is also only one side profile picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts