Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

What breed is she?

3K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  lad20050620 
Pretty pup.

Without seeing more than just a headshot though, it's hard to tell. She could be an over-sized, very pale, Golden. I've seen some that I thought were Pyrs.

And "huge" can be relative... when I went to the shelter to look at a Doberman described as "a BIG boy", I was surprised that he was so much smaller than I was expecting.

Okay, Google has failed me with "Wavy Coated Retriever". I know of Flat Coated Retrievers and Curly Coated Retrievers, and even Bearded Retrievers (one of the names used by people striving to develop retriever x Poodle crosses into an actual breed), but the only reference I saw to "Wavy Coated Retrievers" was an article on the foundations of the Golden and Flat Coated breeds.

A Pyr cross is always a possibility, or even a Kuvasz cross, although considering the rarity of Kuvasz, less likely.

And yes, Leo is a beautiful glamor girl. :)

Flatties aren't any larger than Goldens, and considering how uncommon they are, probably about even with Kuvaszik, I'd be skeptical of her being a Flattie cross.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.