Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What breed do you think my dog is?

My best guess is staffordshire bull terrier/doberman mix. She's got doberman markings, but a pit like face, but more slender than a pit all around.

She's about 11 months old and 55lbs.

Eventually I plan on getting a doggie dna test, but until then I'd like to see what you think.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
deffinetly dobe something ... i dont know about staffy though ... she would be stockier ... not that i am any expert

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Well I'm not sure what is in that mix...but for one thing there a APBT and a Stafordshire Bull Terrier are two different breeds :p

I can see the Dobe...but there is a lot of excess neck skin which is not a trait of a SBT or a Pit bull ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm not sure what is in that mix...but for one thing there a APBT and a Stafordshire Bull Terrier are two different breeds :p

I can see the Dobe...but there is a lot of excess neck skin which is not a trait of a SBT or a Pit bull ?
I know that staffs and APBT are different breeds, I just meantioned pits because of their similar features (both are pit bull type dogs). That pic makes it seem like she has a bit more neck skin than she really does, its the angle of her head. Check out this pic

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I know that staffs and APBT are different breeds, I just meantioned pits because of their similar features (both are pit bull type dogs). That pic makes it seem like she has a bit more neck skin than she really does, its the angle of her head. Check out this pic
Well thats kind of a debatable topic :D but I wont hijack your thread LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thats kind of a debatable topic :D but I wont hijack your thread LOL
Really? I thought they were both considered pits. At least that's was wikipedia told me hahahahaha

Don't worry about hijacking; all discussion is good. Not a very serious thread anyway :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Really? I thought they were both considered pits. At least that's was wikipedia told me hahahahaha

Don't worry about hijacking; all discussion is good. Not a very serious thread anyway :D
they are both considered bull type dogs or bully breeds.... not pit type dogs ... thats where there is the confusion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts