Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

HI,
MY NAME IS JEFF AND I'm new to this board. this is a pic of my new puppy ramsey.
we adopted ramsey from a forster home
he is 10 weeks old.
they had him listed as a mixed terrier, but I really do not see any terrier in him.
took him to the vet yesterday, DR. thought he had a little cocker spaniel in him, thats what my wife thought so too.
anybody here have any thoughts what breed this little guy could be.
he weighed in at 8lbs, 4 oz yesterday.
dr figured he would get to about 30-35lbs
thank you for any help on this

·
Registered
49 Posts
He has a terrier like body and for sure the tail! That is what an undocked JRT tail looks like! Is his coat harsh or soft? His face looks like a King Charles Spaniel, especially his ears (they look so soft and floppy!). I would say he could be a JRT/KCS/CS mix, getting his coloring from the Cocker, but it's just a stab in the dark. Just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop: The world may never know ...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Golden retard maybe? He has some of the features of a med-large dog.

·
Registered
150 Posts
OMG he is so cute. I just wanna kiss his little face.

Ramsey is a cute cute name. His little face kinda reminds me a lab.... but I really dont know. I just had to tell you how cute that little guy is..

Is his ears soft. They look soft... pet those little ears for me.. k?

^_^

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
What a cutie pie. Like RiverFlash said, it looks like Ramsey has a terrier body, but those paws look like he'll be a medium sized dog. Totally adorable, and I also love his name.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I don't care what he is....except that he's so CUTE! I miss having a little puppy for the sheer cuteness factor. The rest...not so much :p

Bet there's going to be some puppy fever going on over this little guy...just you wait!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
He has a terrier like body and for sure the tail! That is what an undocked JRT tail looks like! Is his coat harsh or soft? His face looks like a King Charles Spaniel, especially his ears (they look so soft and floppy!). I would say he could be a JRT/KCS/CS mix, getting his coloring from the Cocker, but it's just a stab in the dark. Just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop: The world may never know ...
his coat is pretty soft

I forgot to mention that we also saw his brother and sister, the only difference with them is they both had the black mask around there faces.
ramsey was the only one who didnt have the mask

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Squeeee! The cutest puppy I've seen in a while! I see spaniel in his face. Esp the "eyebrows". He looks so soft!

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
He looks like he has some spaniel in him. Cutie pie!

·
Registered
49 Posts
his coat is pretty soft

I forgot to mention that we also saw his brother and sister, the only difference with them is they both had the black mask around there faces.
ramsey was the only one who didnt have the mask
Terrier coats are *usually* harsher, but there is always an exception. As for the masking/no masking - many puppies have masks that fade as they age to 1 year. Many JRTs are born with what looks like a black mask that then turns tan. The dog on my avatar, River, with the brown mask and black face, was actually TOTALLY black faced as a pup!

I still think the pup has some Spaniel for sure. He looks like you could just cuddle him in your lap for HOURS ... cute!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wow, he goes beyond regular puppy cute :D

If I saw him he might just disappear home with me.

But yeah, I can see terrier in his body shape, but he is lying down so maybe wrong. Beyond that I have no input except AWWWWWWW

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
another question here, I know there is another forum for this topic, but the foster owner gave me iams puppy food for him, I was just reading that this food is not good, then I was in a petco store a salesman reccomended science diet,now I read that is no good either. any good recomandations for my puppy, so confused.
I had another dog for 16 years, he ate kibbles and bits his whole life, was pretty healthy for most of his life till the very end. I got him when he was about 6 months old, he was a lab mix

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Check out the dog food forum.

I personally believe the best diet is raw, but not everyone has the resources for that. I feed good kibble and as much raw stuff as I can.

Just remember, dogs don't eat corn in the wild. Well, not exclusively anyway.:p

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
He looks like a little lion cub!!

Actually I see JRT x Cocker spaniel. Our next door neighbours have a cocker x pomeranian which looks similar to your dog, but I see no pom in yours.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I'm gonna say Cocker/Doxie. Cute!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts