Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!
I rescued my little Ari two weeks ago. Was told she is some sort of Corgi/Doxie/Basset Mix. I think she's too big for that at 27 pounds! I think she may be Corgi/Lab??
She's fully grown, brownish-black coat and white markings. Her ears are as big as her head, and I absolutely adore them.
Picture in the grass shows her true coloring. Picture at the beach makes her look bigger.
I just want to explore more options I may not have thought of!
Thanks

photo_3 (3).jpg photo_2 (1).jpg photo_1.jpg photo_4 (2).jpg photo_5 (1).jpg

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Except for your dog's size, she almost looks like my neighbor's dog which is a Corgi/JRT/Doxie mix. Yours does look Corgi, but other than that I can't tell. Good job for rescuing her and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
My miniature dachshund/beagle is around 20 pounds, so your girl's weight doesn't seem strange to me at all. But to be totally honest, the rescues that I have worked with just guess at the breeds like we do on this very forum (unless they have an owner surrender and that owner knows the actual breed) :whistle: I don't really see any basset in your girl, though.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
She's really cute. :) ...and Bassets can get 50-ish...
Bassets breed standard is actually up to 65lbs for males. I've seen a pair that were 85-90lbs. They weren't fat at all, just very big boys!

Your little cutie-pie does have a very doxie lookin' face. Don't see lab at all. She could just be a mix of a mix of a mix of cute sweetness. :)

·
Registered
12,194 Posts
I don't really see corgi at all She has the upright ears, but they don't seem particularly corgi shaped and I don't see corgi in her face. I would say basset or doxie mix, but otherwise not sure! I also see doxie in the face.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts