Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So someone told me it had parts of a Corgi and it does, but I know there are more breeds in my dog Vixxy, so so far I have Corgi, But what about the other traits? Help please!

Video when Vixxy was 4 months old

Pics of Vixxy

When Vixxy was 4 months old

Here Vixxy is a Adult

In Here Vixxy is also a Adult

Here she is around 6 months

Vixxy in side view

Vixxy again in side view but smaller

Vixxy is part Corgi but there are more breeds in her i know it.
Vixxy is also part Sheltie thanks for you people answering!

But I'm still wondering, why does vixxy have a black tail with a white tip?

·
Registered
48 Posts
in the second picture i see a little sheltie in her, but it could just be me. do you have any other pictures? possibly one from the side?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I see sheltie/corgi so far, but definitely a shot from the side would be helpful. The video might have provided that but my computer isn't agreeing with youtube right now, so I couldn't view it. Also, identifying which pictures are puppy pictures and which ones are adult pictures...I think the first and last are puppy pics, right?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok i got the side photos in but sry its a bit not clearish im gonna get photos of her tom i will do side front and tail :D btw, i cant do it today cause its night here. And ya Vixxy does look like she has part Shelti

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
thanks! Btw, she does look a bit like a sheltie too, thanks 4 answering also, what explains the white tip of her black tail though?
Sheltie explains it.

Your dog is a sable color, which means she is reddish yellow brown with black shading. Like this:

See how the brown is shaded with darker color over the back? Sable is in both Corgis and Shelties. That's how her tail looks black, it had more shading on it than her body.

Then your dog has merle, which probably came from the Sheltie.

This sheltie is a blue merle, that means the dog started black but the merle gene diluted patches of it to grey and gave the coat that marbled look. Merle only affects black fur. Because your dog is red with black shading, only the shading is merled. This is why it's harder to see. You can see it best on the picture of her sniffing the shoe. This is a sable merle Cardigan Corgi, I'd bet your dog is a Pembroke Corgi.

Your dog has a white tail tip because she has white spotting. She actually has white on all four feet as well, but it's largely masked with ticking. Think of white on a dog as white paint splashed on after all the other colors are in place. It tends to spread in a predictable progression, though of course every dog is an individual. Notice how all the dogs in these pictures have similar white markings.

If white spotting is white paint, then ticking is scratching the paint off in little dots to see the color underneath. So on your dog, the white is mostly scratched off to show the red underneath.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts