Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These sweet pups are listed as a shih tzu mix. The little white one with his eyes open looks like a bichon to me. It is interesting how four of the pups are all fluffy looking, yet the darker one in the back with his eyes open looks like a totally different breed. Maybe that one took on the characteristics of whatever the other mix was besides shih tzu? Would love to hear your thoughts on what is the mix of this cute group. Thanks !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
They could be anything, honestly... any kind of poodle/bichon mix. I don't really see shih-tzu. Keep in mind that they can have different fathers too.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Bucky is more poodle than anything else and has a smooth face like the pup in the back currently has. Genes get mixed up in interesting ways with mixed breed dogs. The pup could grow a fuzzy face later though.

They seem very long legged to be shih tzu, what was the mom?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I don't see shihtzu at all! Maltese, poodle, total mish mash.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I also did not see shih tzu when looking at this group, which is why I was interested in guesses to their breed. No idea what the mom was. This little group was rescued from Puerto Rico, so not even sure if the mom was with the pups when they were found.

·
Registered
22 Posts
To be honest, it’s very hard to analyze a mixed dog’s breed just from a photograph. This is often shown when people are certain of a dog’s mix, but are completely disproven when DNA tests come back. However, in spirit of the fun game, I’m going to throw out Poodle, Maltese, perhaps even a bit of Spaniel in there (reminds me of some lovely cockapoo pups I used to work with!)
Either way, they’re certainly an interesting mix, and quite cute!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts