Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we got her about a week ago, and I'm all ways trying to guess her mix. The shelter said she was Dalmatian/Austrian Shepherd, I don't really believe. But I did see a Dalmatian in person when we took her to Petsmart, and they have the same head. She is lazy, but when she wants to go she will spark up, and she is about 25lbs. and like 2 feet high at the shoulders. So I did a little digging on dog breads, and I think she is Australian Cattle Dog with Catahoula Leopard Dog together, She is also vary quiet, she wines a little bit, and in the week that we have had her she has barked like less than 5 times.

What do you guys think? :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I initially wanted to say husky x pitbull? But then I read her weight and that's really doubtful. How old is she? Aussie x doesn't sound unreasonable to me. She's a cutie. Love those eyes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is 2, or that's what the shelter said. But her teeth are really white for a 2 year old, But she does not act like a puppy at all. I couldn't get a good body shot of her last night, But she has a deep chest, and than her tum goes up, and than down for her butt, so she as a vary shapey belly, not like a pit at all. and she has little skinny dear legs lol

·
Registered
334 Posts
But she does not act like a puppy at all.
This could change! When we adopted Foxy she was about 6 or 7 months old, and for about 1-2 weeks she was SO lethargic and sad. Depressed, really. My husband thought we had the mellowest dog on the planet. And then, once she got comfortable, it was like a switch went off, and she was ALL teenage-energetic-dog.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
The first pic really screams husky to me, but the others not so much. Her head shape and ears kind of reminds me of JRTs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This could change! When we adopted Foxy she was about 6 or 7 months old, and for about 1-2 weeks she was SO lethargic and sad. Depressed, really. My husband thought we had the mellowest dog on the planet. And then, once she got comfortable, it was like a switch went off, and she was ALL teenage-energetic-dog.
I have gotten puppy's from the shelter, and after a hour they are bouncing off the walls, but in 3 mouths, that's what one of my boyfriends friends said, he works at a pet resort, and the dog trainer said 3 months lol, but she is vary submissive.

we have thought about a Jack, because of her size, and she is a solid dog like a jack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts