Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please tell me what breed you think Kiera might be. I adopted her 2 months ago and would like to narrow down breed possibilities for health and training purposes. She is about 8 months old and wieghs 60 lbs. She is almost as tall as my friends 120 lbs Great Dane.

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
I see a possibility of shepherd, pyrenese, leonberger...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm thinking some kind of Shepherd and Pyrenese mix. Very pretty, fluffy dog! :)

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
"I could also use help in stopping excessive barking and digging"

How much exercise are you giving her? It could be boredom.

About an hour a day, at least, of walking/jogging or running should be the minimum. More would be even better.
Plus you could leave her with toys and things like bones, a stuffed frozen Kong toy, to keep her busy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I will try jogging with her in the mornings and I have left toys out. She is really very sweet dog

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks! I will try jogging with her in the mornings and I have left toys out. She is really very sweet dog
I wouldn't jog with her just yet...she is still young and probably not fully grown. Sometimes running/jogging can cause more problems healthwise.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Yeah at 8 months, she's not finished developing yet and jogging/running with her can damage her joints. A good 45 minute - hour walk with her once or twice a day is good for now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same question as the original poster. I figured I would post here instead of starting a new thread. I would like to know if someone could help me pinpoint some breeds of my pup. She is probably about 15-16 weeks old and the previous owner said she was American Bulldog but even I knew that she wasn't only that. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
152 Posts
Kiera looks like she might be an Anatolian shepherd mix to me. Her coloring and her height reminds me of one to a degree.
I can't really tell from that 1 pic what she might be mixed with and I can't see the picture of her standing up, maybe you can post it again?
And I agree with other posters, she is most likely bored. Long walks and lots of chewables should help her settle down.

@ PERRYzoso. your adorable puppy looks like she might be a rottweiler-pit bull mix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That sounds interesting :) Pictures pleaseeeee.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts