Jennifer- female
Amber- female
Belle- female
Crystal- female
Diamond- female
Breeds:
Beagle
GSD
Etc. (Really need to start looking for breeds more).

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I'm sticking with a Norse theme for all of my future Great Danes. The puppy in my avi will most likely be named Odin. A few other examples:

Male - Ragnarok, Hugin, Munin, Kvasir, Vali
Female - Freyja, Valhalla, Hlin, Saga, Sif

Ragnarok, Hugin and Munin will all need to be black. I'd prefer Hugin and Munin to be male siblings.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Future Breeds: Bernese Mountain Dog and another Australian Shepherd one day. Not sure about much else.

Names: That's hard, this upcoming puppy I am completely at a blank. Names are something that kinda just happen for me

·
Registered
337 Posts
My next dog will be "____'s Dearest Darling" and call name will be Darla. She'll be either an Aussie or a BC. At least a decade away from that, though.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I don't pick names out really. I always have ideas but they never end up fitting the dog. Mia was tentatively Spring or River and Hank was a) a border collie and b) Nate or Sawyer or Stetson. It just never pans out.

I'd like my next dog to be a girl, I think. Beyond that, I am interested in these breeds:

- border collie
- Australian Cattle Dog
- Mini American Shepherd
- Small Aussie
- koolie
- Belgian (probably terv)
- Pyrenean shepherd
- sheltie
- papillon
- pumi
- mixes (especially BC/ACD and BC x terrier and I'd really like a benji looking dog (though pyrsheps look close!))

Most likely a border collie next, maybe ACD. Hopefully female. Then after that I'm thinking something smaller like a MAS or pyrshep probably, maybe another sheltie or papillon. And after that who knows. I'd like to have a good variety. Probably will stick to 3 dogs at a time and I doubt I'll have all the breeds I'd like. Kind of want only girls in the future too.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Future dogs: Doberman, Bouvier des Flanders, I really like English Setters (especially the blue belton) but their off leash reliability isn't that great so not a good fit where I currently live.

Names are something that we come up with on the ride home with puppy. We don't really have a theme except that I don't like traditional, common dog names (Buddy, Max, Daisy etc.).

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I have a dream of a big ol' blue merle male Australian Shepherd named Sora (to go with my Kairi of course!).

Breeds I truly want to own: More Aussies, ACD, Koolie, Toller, Golden (sport/field bred), Mal/Terv, adult rescue dog of herding breed variety.

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
I'm still deciding on the breed of my next dog, although Vizlas and Bull Terriers are on the short list. Names, I'm afraid I can't share, lol. I have a huge list of potential names, but I'm super protective of them, I've told family and friends about some of them before, only to have them use one of them, which means that now I can't, so I usually keep them to myself now. I will say that the vast majority of my pets' names are fandom based, and that the top names in my lists are following that trend. :)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I'd really like a male dog named Sasori one day. (a cookie for those who know where I got the name from...) It will either be a pure black Wetterhoun or an Azawakh. Azawakh would be more fitting, but Wetterhoun is more realistic.

Not dogs, but I also want two cats who I will name Amu and Pooka. Won't happen anytime soon, my father loathes cats. Then again, Sasori won't happen anytime soon either. :p

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
I'd really like a male dog named Sasori one day. It will either be a pure black Wetterhoun or an Azawakh. Azawakh would be more fitting, but Wetterhoun is more realistic.

Not dogs, but I also want two cats who I will name Amu and Pooka.
Oh, when the day comes that I can get another cat, I absolutely already have it named, lol.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I have a dream of a big ol' blue merle male Australian Shepherd named Sora (to go with my Kairi of course!).

Breeds I truly want to own: More Aussies, ACD, Koolie, Toller, Golden (sport/field bred), Mal/Terv, adult rescue dog of herding breed variety.
This is the best thing ever!!! My oldest son likes to cosplay Kingdom Hearts, he is always Sora. I told him needs a Roxas.

I am years out from my next dog but I am looking at a Beauceron, Dogo Argentino or Cane Corso most likely. I haven't really decided on a name yet but am thinking I will go back to my Halloween theme, maybe Harry Potter theme. Lad is sort of a fluke because he is a collie x and gold, I just had to call him Lad.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I don't think of names until I know the dog that I will be getting. For future breeds, I don't really have any planned. At some point I will have another rescue coonhound or greyhound probably when one of mine goes. Other than that I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hmm... breeds I'd love to own one day.

Great Pyrenees - for sure when I get my fencing completed and get some livestock.
Toller - I just love the size and nature of these dogs!
Greater Swiss Mountain Dog - longest breed on my "want" list... remains to be seen as my other half feels really strongly about not getting a breed with a shorter lifespan.
Beagle - probably the only small dog on my list. I love beagles but I don't know that I'll ever actually get one due to potential lifestyle incompatibility.
Irish Wolfhound - I'm a sucker for a wiry huge dog!
Viszla - I don't know a lot about these dogs but for some reason I find them very appealing.
Wirehaired German Pointer OR Wirehaired Griffon (either/or) - back to that grizzly wiry bearded face I love so much
Catahoula - love the various colors and their weird gazes

Names are tough... We usually don't name our animals until we've had them a bit. Every time I think I have one picked out, it just doesn't seem to fit with their personality!

**ETA: I will probably always have some sort of a bulldog in my life

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
have one picked out, it just doesn't seem to fit with their personality!
That's why I keep an ongoing list of names, and I add to it whenever I see or think of a name I like. Even if the name I think is best doesn't end up suiting the pet I get, ONE of the names on the list always does! :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will most likely have a dog name either Phoenix, Preston, Belle, or Basil. I seriously need to figure out a breed, though.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Oh, when the day comes that I can get another cat, I absolutely already have it named, lol.
I'm living on my own temporarily (until December). Still, it's nice to get a feeling of how I'll manage a mini household myself and how a pet would fit in. Dreams won't come true until several years though...

·
Registered
270 Posts
We are getting our second Akita pup on Saturday and sticking with our tradition of selecting a Japanese name that fits the dog, since that is the country of origin. We are getting a female and have decided on Suki.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I want to get another dog and name him/her Flit so that it would be Meeko & Flit lol! But I highly doubt I would actually name my next dog Flit :)

Next breed is a Mini Aussie... Happening in the next year or two :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Hmm, breeds on my list...

Koolie
Border Collie
Tamaskan
Husky
Redbone Coonhound

But, I can pretty much guarantee I will just end up with whatever mutt I happen to fall in love with at the shelter. And a new dog would have to wait until after college, or at least at the tail end of it, so looking at another 2 years at least.

I want to name future dogs Niles and Chowder...but the other half isn't too keen on that lol. Typically, whatever name I pick beforehand doesn't stick, anyways.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts