Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking and reading alot of the posts in this site and decided that I really needed to join. I have had dogs all my life and learn new things everyday. Right now, I am deeply grieving the loss of my 13 year old Australian Shepherd, Jazz. She truly was the best dog I have ever loved and been loved by. It's too soon now but there will be another dog eventually. I hope you don't mind my hanging around asking questions every now and then...I like to keep up with things! ;)

I also share my life with 3 horses, 2 cats, and 2 birds as well as my hubby and 2 teenagers. :eek: (God, help me! hehehehe)

Legacy

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Welcome, Legacy! I'm sorry to hear about your Aussie. Feel free to share stories and pictures of her if it helps you grieve, or post a memorial in the memorial section. Aussies are great dogs and I really hope to own one someday when I have the time and energy to care for one. Go ahead and ask any questions you like!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome Rosemaryninja! Yes, having Jazz was an amazing experience I wouldn't have missed for the world! Aussies are a great breed of dog. They are very smart but they have to have something to do or they think up things on their own. (not always good things either! LOL) Fortunately I have a little land that she had the run of when she wasn't with one of us. She loved messing with the horses but I was always careful that she not get too close. Her greatest talent was herding dragonflies! Running and jumping, trying to catch them. Funniest thing to watch! :D From a distance, she looked like she had lost her mind! :rolleyes: Jazz was a pretty good frizbee dog in her younger years. We had a lot of fun!

Again, thanks for the welcome! I hope one day your wish for an Aussie comes true! I know when I am ready, that's where I'm going again! :)

Legacy

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome... and I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Jazz!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the warm welcomes and kind words! I look forward to getting to know everyone better!

Legacy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts