Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering at what age everyone prefers to have their fur babies spayed/neutered? I've heard that it's best to wait until a year old as it may have an effect on their growth, I'm not sure if that's true or not. I believe in better safe than sorry though. :) So Upendi will be spayed after she's a year old, which is quite soon as her birthday is next month.
My baby:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Mine is currently 8 and a half months old and I got her spayed at 7 months. She had a bladder infection and crystals in her urine that wouldn't respond to antibiotics. The strange thing is when they spayed her it all went away on it's own

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Kaylee- the only one of my current crew who is altered- was spayed at 16 months. Indy was neutered at 4 years. My previous neutered pets were altered at 6 months (Pem corgi X bitch) and 10 months (Cardigan corgi dog)

·
Registered
541 Posts
My vet starts spaying at 4 months of age. So both my girls were spayed at 4 months. I wanted it done before they ever came into heat.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Toy breeds, which mature faster I have Sputered at around 6 months, Larger breeds, well, Angel is almost two and I haven't had her spayed yet. I'll probably get her taken care of after spring break when I've got the $$$ for it and can take the time off my job to keep an eye on her the first two or three days.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Mine have varied. Most of my dogs have been intact. We've only ever neutered one male and he was 2 when we did so. Nikki was spayed when she was 7 or 8. I should've just left her intact, but oh well. Rose was spayed when she was 2, Summer was spayed at 4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts