Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No...really.

We went to our lesson yesterday and I mentioned to the trainer how Bella goes totally berserk when kids on skateboards go by. His face lit up and he says "Really?!? Let's work on that!" He was all excited.

So I walk her up the road and he comes by on his board. Nothing. Bella shows interest then goes back to sniffing the grass. So he has his kids go by - since she knows him - same thing. Nothing. The little brat made a liar out of me. Oh well.

Then he asks how she is around bicycles. I dunno...I haven't ridden one in about 7 years! He says, "be right back" and comes out with a bike with the hoo-jiggy-thing to tether the dog to and says "get on". ....uh.....well...okay. Picturing myself bleeding on the ground tangled up in a bike and a dog...who is most likely stealing the treats from my pouch.

We start out real slow - walking the bike - treating -walking - treating. So he says, to take her for a ride up to the end of the road and back...keep her at a good even run.

OMG - it was soooooo fun and Bella LOVED it!! I was panting more than she was, though.

I gotta look into getting a bike and that hoo-jiggy-thing!! Problem is getting to a place where there isn't as much traffic as around here.

We love training!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Lol! Aren't dogs funny? I love it when they decide to make you a liar. "he hates bikes!" dog watches bikes go by calmly. "look, he learned sit!" dog looks at you like he's never the word.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha! I'm in the wrong profession. I should be making $60/hr to help issues that don't exist on the clock. LOL

I wonder how much he would charge to take him home with us? ...he is kinda cute.... :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts