Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well apparently, Shippo has been a yorkie all this time and never told me! I was walking him this afternoon and somebody's little dog (what looked to be some kind of malti-poo thing) got loose and ran across the street because he saw Shippo. I knelt down and let him sniff me while his owner ran across the street to get him (didn't grab him because I didn't wanna scare him).

When the guy got across the street, he went "Wow, what a cute yorkie!" I laughed and said "Oh, this guy's a corgi." The guy gave me a deer-in-the-headlights stare and said, "Is that like a yorkie?" I said "nah, a corgi is one of the dogs that herds sheep." He nodded hesitantly, but seemed to accept that as an answer, and said "Well whatever he is, he's pretty!" I thanked him and went along my way.

Wow, it's amazing how many people in this area don't even know what a "herding dog" is, much less a corgi. The guy seemed so confused when I said that corgis are herding dogs. Maybe he just looks too short to herd sheep.

So now, Shippo is a sheltie, a sheltie mix, a "mini lassie," a wiener dog, and a YORKIE! He's also a girl. Poor Shippo is SO confused! >@[email protected]<

·
Registered
209 Posts
Aww poor Shippo :( I'm sure he'll figure it out eventually lol. I've always loved Corgis and almost anytime I mention them someone has to be like "what's a Corgi?" They're just so cute how could you not know what they are lol. The other day I was asked if Nala was a Jack Russell... lol she's 4 months old and weighs close to 30 pounds... yeah right. They had even asked how old she was first >_<

Also, people assume she's a boy. Her fur is short. How the heck could you not tell what gender she is? There's no fur there to hide it lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Haha Shippo would be a very strange Yorkie :p Just wanted to say he looks like such a happy dog, and Shippo is a fun name.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Confession time: until early this year I thought Shippo was a Corgi mix. Corgis are rare here; Pems are hard to come by, and I think only active showers are even aware of Cardis. Fluffies are completely obscure.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Confession time: until early this year I thought Shippo was a Corgi mix. Corgis are rare here; Pems are hard to come by, and I think only active showers are even aware of Cardis. Fluffies are completely obscure.
LOL, well you at least had the base breed right. ;)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Corgis, especially Cardis in my case, are two of my favorite breeds. Actually they were bred primarily as cattle dogs (to move cattle), which would have blown that guy's mind if you'd told him that.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
lol aww...did you name shippo after shippou from inuyasha??? hehehhe ;)
Yes I sure did!

Corgis, especially Cardis in my case, are two of my favorite breeds. Actually they were bred primarily as cattle dogs (to move cattle), which would have blown that guy's mind if you'd told him that.
That's why I said sheep... but I don't even think he believed that LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts