Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Clayton to the vet yesterday, and a woman on her way out asked if I dye his hair. I just said no. Can you imagine the dye job that would be, especially around his eyes? See these pics to know what I mean.

What’s the oddest thing you’ve been asked about your dog?

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
If Puddles and Iris were dirty Westies...(which isnt odd, more funny really) They are Cairn Terriers...

My dad has asked if Puddles was part Possum when she was a baby..

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Somehow I missed those pics, your poodle is adorable! I love the parti colored ones.

The weirdest thing I wasn't asked, but I was told. This lady told me that Summer was really a killer dog in disguise named Fang. She was being totally serious and well... it was kind of weird.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I own a Pit Bull... Every question I get seems to be weird.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
It wasn't a question so much as a comment, but the other day a man stuck his head out of his truck as he was driving by and said "That there's a 'Toto dog' isn't it?" And I just "Oh, er, well he's a terrier all right." Only thing is Max doesn't resemble Toto in the slightest.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
"I didn't know poodles came in a big size, or in black."

...I just didn't know what to say...I was a bit offended that they were referring to my dog as one would a sweater.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
"You've got a German Shepard! I love them" in response to Jack McCoy, our Norwegian Elkhound.

And a customer in the salon at PetSmart asked me to paint her dogs teeth. With nail polish. She called a manager when we refused. When he refused, she said she'd never come back. :eek:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I have been asked alot of dumb questions and told like there facts other things.

Just the other day i was walking Blaze down by the creek in the neighboorhood. first wrong move, as I live in looney ville, and always encounter, well strange peopleif we walk around home, no wonder why I love the dog park so much lol.

Any way I was walking him, offleash. I seen a lady with her chi and bulldog mix walking towards us. i called blazed and leashed him. only to relize that we knew the bulldog from the dog park. so we let those 2 play unhooked both and let them run offleash. She then asked me how often I walked him, which I said "atleast a hour every day. normally 2 hours or more" and she said "where does he live". I thought she meant where do we live, so I siad "oh just up the road" and she said" No I mean is he kept in the back yard all the time?" she then went on to tell me how this breed is built to live outside and thought it was cruel to keep him in doors and be a house dog. Then said the are built to run 100's of KM's a day. Then I relized she thought he was a husky lol.

I think it wold be much more cruel to put such a family oriented dog outside in our teeeeeny tiny back yard to live. some people.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Now that he's BIGGER I dont get it that much anymore but... this was the Q!

Where did you get that DALMATIAN?! I've never seen one in that color! Or that big! Can you give me the breeders number?!
:rolleyes:

When I tell people Bingo was born completely blind (my 13 year old Dachshund)... "WOW SO YOUR SAYING HE CANT SEE ANYTHING AT ALL? BUT ARENT ALL DOGS COLOR BLIND? :confused: :rolleyes: and... How can he walk?"

Buncho dumb everywhere! LOL!
Nessa

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have been informed several times by people walking in my neighborhood that my dogs are going to jump the fence and attack. First of all, there would have to be some pretty crazy circumstances for my 2 to jump the fence. Secondly, even if they dod get out the last thing they would do is attack. Well, they may try to shower you with kisses...

·
Registered
267 Posts
This isn't related to my dogs, but a woman once called here and asked if we sold green English Bulldogs. Yes, she asked us if we were selling green dogs.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A co-worker was asking me about my new dog a few months ago and I was describing the trouble I'd been having with crate training. A third party walking by then jumped in and reamed me out about how horrible and inhumane it is to "cage" such a large dog. They were on such a rant that it attracted the attention of a group of others, who now probably think I'm a horrible person. People who don't do their research should mind their own biznass!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I onced talked to an adult guy.. he loves Huskies and he loved the coloring Apollo has, so he made ''THE'' question.

''Are you going to breed him?''
-No sire, actually i don't support breeding dogs which are not previously gene tested, so i'm having him castrated (direct translation to spanish, there is no translation for neuter)
And he said..

''WHAT!? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT, YOU SHOULD CHOP YOUR BALLS OFF THEN!''

I just made a ''WOAH BUDDY! WOAAH'' expression and went away.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The oddest thing, of the top of my head, "How'd you tame that fox? I didn't know those were tamable!!". Some lady thought Holly was a fox... The first thing she said was "Oh my goodness a fox!What a pretty fox!!" (I'm thinking oh ok maybe she's being sarcastic... and then she asked how I'd tamed the fox and then I realized she thought she really was a fox. :confused:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't get many about Bayley but people who come over ask my why I cut my cat's tail off!! He's a Manx so he naturally doesn't have a tail.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
This wasn't a comment, but I thought it was funny.
I took Casey (my ferret) to one of my brother's baseball games once. I had a small cat carrier for her to chill out in so she wasn't out on the harness the whole time. A mother and her four year old saw the carrier and just gravitated towards me. When the woman got closer, she asked, "Oh, do you have a puppy?!" I shook my head and said, "Nope, a ferret." She gave me a look, scooped up her kid, and walked away. LOL Casey wasn't offended, but I think people are more scared of ferrets than big ol' BSL dogs sometimes.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Some idiot in Petco asked me if Chloe was "one of those new mini pit bull dogs"... uhm no she's a PUG! Wow.

Another comment that I received more than once is "why are you walking her? Those kind of dogs don't need exercise!". Yeah, ok.

·
Registered
861 Posts
i get asked...no...told that my dog must be mixed with a sharpei.

when i say, "no, she's actually pure lab." they tell me i'm wrong and that she's a sharpei...

okay..whatever you say!

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
the VERY WEIRDEST?

is not something I want to discuss as it involves illegal, amoral, psychologically bent practices that make me make this face- :eek:

the second weirdest was some dude telling me I needed to check her lady parts for mites. :confused:

the third weirdest was a lady saying (in reference to my dog, quite obviously a pit bull)

"what a pretty lab! I didn't know they came in that color!" er....:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts