Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
We have a love / hate relationship with our 2 GSD / Husky Mixes. :). She is an attractive dog and looks happy. I have a pang in my heart for the breed, as so many people get one for the cuteness and then are not prepared for the work. Recently saw a post for a guy living in his car with his dog and trying to rehome her. Went to meet with a local shelter director yesterday morning as I was willing to foster for a few weeks but haven't been able to find a long term solution. Haven't had any luck so far.

We were always a Dobie family as we found them very easy to own for our lifestyle .... but, our dogs had passed and after 2 years of not exactly persistent effort, we weren't finding too many opportunties for adoption. But a relative was having trouble rehoming the dog (probably more sentiment than lack of opportunity). We sought out a companion for her, looking for another working dog with compatible or at least complimentary behaviors (to her and us) ... took long time and oddly enough wound up with another GSD / Husky mix.

How long have you had her ?
Impressions so far ?
What do you love about having her around ? What ....er...not so much ?:)
Did you get snow this week ? .... my two seem to be spending as much time on their backs as on their feet at the park.

A Day at the Park ... there were about 10 dogs at the park that day but I guess maybe Huskies think they are better than everyone else . Of course every dog owner thinks their dog is the best ... and they should !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a love / hate relationship with our 2 GSD / Husky Mixes. :). She is an attractive dog and looks happy. I have a pang in my heart for the breed, as so many people get one for the cuteness and then are not prepared for the work. Recently saw a post for a guy living in his car with his dog and trying to rehome her. Went to meet with a local shelter director yesterday morning as I was willing to foster for a few weeks but haven't been able to find a long term solution. Haven't had any luck so far.

We were always a Dobie family as we found them very easy to own for our lifestyle .... but, our dogs had passed and after 2 years of not exactly persistent effort, we weren't finding too many opportunties for adoption. But a relative was having trouble rehoming the dog (probably more sentiment than lack of opportunity). We sought out a companion for her, looking for another working dog with compatible or at least complimentary behaviors (to her and us) ... took long time and oddly enough wound up with another GSD / Husky mix.

How long have you had her ?
Impressions so far ?
What do you love about having her around ? What ....er...not so much ?:)
Did you get snow this week ? .... my two seem to be spending as much time on their backs as on their feet at the park.

A Day at the Park ... there were about 10 dogs at the park that day but I guess maybe Huskies think they are better than everyone else . Of course every dog owner thinks their dog is the best ... and they should !

Awe how adorable, I have had her for 2 years she is my whole world she's very emotional and loves to cuddle and take long runs and play in the back yard and yes we did get snow that is her favorite she loves being out side. She Also is my support pup she knows how to make me happy and get my mind off things she is a heard worker and she loves going to the shop and hanging out with the guys and me working on the trucks. She's my best friend and she loves to get sassy and talk to me haha. Your pups are too cute 馃グ they look like they love the snow too
Dog Snow Plant Light Tree

Dog Snow Carnivore Sled dog Siberian husky

Registered
Hey, welcome to the forum! I鈥檓 sure you鈥檒l find many tips and tricks here.

Just from these photos though, I鈥檝e got to ask if you know how to position a prong collar correctly? It鈥檚 hanging super low in these photos. (and still on when your dogs off leash, which is kinda a big no-no!)
Dog Vertebrate Carnivore Collar Liver

Not trying to make a rude first impression, just making sure you鈥檙e aware!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, welcome to the forum! I鈥檓 sure you鈥檒l find many tips and tricks here.

Just from these photos though, I鈥檝e got to ask if you know how to position a prong collar correctly? It鈥檚 hanging super low in these photos. (and still on when your dogs off leash, which is kinda a big no-no!)
View attachment 265885
Not trying to make a rude first impression, just making sure you鈥檙e aware!
definitely thank you so much for this information and not rude at all. I do appreciate the time out of you day to show me this , but yes I did have it too low and big in those pictures, there kinda old haha. I met a trainer that actually positioned it after correctly she's very sweet it did make a huge difference. Let me know if you have any more suggestions I would love them! I'm open ears

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
definitely thank you so much for this information and not rude at all. I do appreciate the time out of you day to show me this , but yes I did have it too low and big in those pictures, there kinda old haha. I met a trainer that actually positioned it after correctly she's very sweet it did make a huge difference. Let me know if you have any more suggestions I would love them! I'm open ears
Shes on a leash in all these photos too we were at a point when we were working on listening and potty training still haha, but now I have a big girl normal collar on her馃挆鉂 she's doing so good and even able to listen all the time on and off the leash

1 - 8 of 8 Posts