Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, remember when Wembley came home with us and the next day he bit through my laptop charger in one fell swoop right under my nose?

So, Monday morning, he sauntered past my Mom's coffee table and wagged a full cup of coffee right into my laptop. I screamed, panicked, flipped it upside down and popped the battery out, then stood there for a minute or two watching coffee pour out of the crack in the corner of the casing. It was thoroughly saturated.

I left it teepee style upside down to dry out over the next few hours, then wrapped it in diapers (I had no rice) and packed it into the suitcase to go home, then patiently waited the next 48 hours to pop the battery back in and see if I could resurrect the thing. Guess what? It's ALIVE!

I ordered a new laptop just in case while I was waiting because any more than a few days with no computer and I'll lose my mind, so this one goes to my son as soon as the new one arrives. It smells like coffee now, which is great :p I am SO LUCKY I drink my coffee black and sugarless. Lesson learned. No coffee near my laptop. No Wembley near my laptop. No laptop on the coffee table. That dog is sure lucky I love him. Poor thing had no a clue why I was flipping out :p He just smiled at me and picked a "fight" with Katie.

·
Registered
11,352 Posts
Travel mugs for the win!

I'm fortunate that Chester not only doesn't have a tail but is actually more gentle around items on the coffee table than I am. I have spilled beer, coffee, water, salsa, and soup on my laptops over the years (none of which ruined any of the laptops) but the dog hasn't knocked over anything. Chester long ago learned to lie down quietly at my feet while I am eating- something is bound to land down there for him to eat :)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
We still don't put cups on the coffee table after Muggsy's tail swept a large iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts right into my husband's laptop. Of course, you can't yell at the dog, I'm not sure they ever know where their tails are.

Shell: Kabota scared the heck out of my husband the other day. He was eating a sandwich, and a piece of ham fell to the floor. Kabota, who had been hiding under the coffee table, shot out, snapped up the ham and disappeared back under the table in a tenth of a second. My husband about had a heart attack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts