Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some research, I finally decided on this one. Has anyone else used this food? I grabbed a bag yesterday to see if my Chi and Rotti would like it, and WOW! My Chi has not finished her morning or nightly meal in months..but she gobbled this stuff up, and was straining to get home from this morning's walk to eat more.:D

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I've recomended it to several people who liked it a lot.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
While I'll be feeding primarily raw I do intend to use Wellness Core along with Taste of the Wild in rotation.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I've been so tempted to try the Reduced Fat formula. I use Wellness Super5Mix Healthy Weight and Natural Balance Reduced Calorie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad to hear you like it! I landed on the same thing after my own "research." Just getting familiar with dog nutrition and plan to start a new rotation with Wellness Core for my Peke and Yorkie.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have not used the Wellness Core but I have used the Wellness puppy. When my dogs were puppy they were on wellness core and they loved it. I think the reason why dogs love grain free kibbles is because of the meat content. When my dogs reached a year old I switch they over the Innova Evo and they love it even more then they Wellness Core. I also gave a bag of Innova Evo to my frineds pitbulls, and my friend told me that his dogs are spoiled (there were on pediagree).

I think it is the meat content in the kibble that makes any dog love the food.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My dogs have been on Core for about a year now and have done great on it. They still like it,poops are small,don't stink. They always look healthy and have had no digestion problems on it. The only brands my dogs had no problems with are >Wellness, Evo/Innova, and Orijen. Others they had yellow poops and were throwing up. I always give them ample time in a switch over. David

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just posted a reply to a core ocean fomula question, read thru it.. and google...
The Dog Food Project, for all the answers you'll need to diet for canines

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
We adopted a sheltie 18mos ago, she came to us obese and she has been on the Core reduced fat since, she has lost her weight, now she is maintaining. My other sheltie eats it, just because and maintains his weight as well. I'm very happy with it. For those who feed it, go to their website, join the WellPet Club and you can get coupons!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts