Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
You are basically getting my dream dog lol! I too want a female red tri MAS!!!

Will be following this thread closely for updates/pics. Congrats! So excited for you!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Congrats! time to start reading up on MDR1 & buying frisbees. Our love our little guy, he is the strangest damn dog - loves fruit, veggies and eats just about anything. He LOVES corn on the cob, eats it with his front teeth like a human. Goes nuts for raspberries, peaches, nectarines, watermelon & green beens. He does everything with flare & drama, so much amusement. Its worth the quirks for the passionate love & amusement they give.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok .......

I thought I was getting the red tri but the people who were ahead of me for picks (I have 3rd pick, these people had 2nd) decided they wanted a red tri, and I wanted a black tricolor, so we switched and I took a little black tricolor girl.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Here is the new girl, she is a black tricolor, not a red, but I am still happy.

Daddy is 15.5 in tall, 30 lbs and is MDR1 negative :) mommy is 16.5 in tall, about 25 lbs and is a carrier for MDR1 ( :( )

One week old:

Disclaimer: all pics are the property of their respective owner(s)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah, black tris rule!! My collie is MDR1 mutant/mutant and it hasn't been an issue. The biggest thing to remember is to give petsitters, boarding places, emergency vets the info also. I did that ahead of time with the idea that there may be a time that I was not thinking clearly and would forget.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I will have her tested to see if she has it, but dad is negative for MDR1, the mother is a carrier, unfortunately. But we will work with it :) I would be tickled if that's the only thing I had to worry about lol.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts