Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our home is officially full of pets and we are done bring new ones home. Today we picked up our newest pup. Onyx is an 8 week old great pyr/chocolate lab cross. Cute a button and fitting in beautifully. THe new cat and our other puppy have fully accepted him though we have to watch carefully because our other pup wants to play a little too rough at times. In a few weeks he will be big enough to play like that. He absolutely adores my 12 yr old, when he can't see her he whines and cries. And for some bizarre reason anytime someone walks into her bedroom (including her) he runs to her doorway and barks like crazy until they get out. Tonight should be interesting when she goes to bed. He will not go in there at all, just stands there and barks.

Here is Onyx

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Ohh, what a great mix! I'd love to see how he looks as he grows! Post lots of updates! ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! We love this mix. Our other pup Delilah is the same mix but a yellow lab instead of Chocolate. She is such theperfect combination between loyal happy family pet and wonderful protector. SHe loves the kids including my daycare kids and has scared some weirdo off that tried to steal one of my kid's bikes when she was barking like mad and jumping at the window and other than potty training easy to train. I am hoping for the same from Onyx. I have to say this is my favorite mix of dog.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Completely gorgeous! :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you post some more pictures of Delilah? I am interested in seeing what an older dog of this mix looks like.
I sure can. Delilah is only 4.5 months right now so not much older than Onyx and clearly not full grown yet but she has already changed from what she looked like at 8 weeks.

Here she is in this picture thread of her with the stray cat that moved in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts