Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone share with me some funny weird things your dog does when they are trying to be sneaky or clever.

My dog has recently developed this thing where when she is trying to sneak to me(after she has been told to stay on her bed) or sneak somewhere she isn't allowed, she stretches her hole body out! One stretch after another, so first bum in the air then she will push forward and do it over and over until she gets somewhere. It is hilarious.

Please share with me what your pooch does so I know that my dog isn't the only dog that thinks they can outsmart their owners hehe.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Kabota doesn't sneak. He'll hop up on the coffee table right in front of me and then look at me like "what?" when I tell him to get off.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Hehehe .... Eddee was not to be in the bathroom ... and I heard a faint crying ... only to find him in the bathroom and up on the counter and suddenly he "forgot" how to get back down! Suuuure! Riiiight!!! Lol! :) Just a ploy to make me feel sorry for him! Lol!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Molly isn't a sneaker but she does a funny maneuver we call "Little Miss Demanding" where she scratches at the carpet with her front and back paws & kicks up like dogs sometimes do after potty. It's absolutely hilarious because she does it when she's trying to tell me that she wants something. Usually it's to engage me in play but sometimes it's b/c she wants to go out for potty or a walk.

·
Registered
545 Posts
My dogs are so sneaky...Ace will "slither" onto the sofa to get attention. It starts with just his chin on the cushion next to me and he'll slowly worm his way up until he's laying (usually across my lap) on the couch. He's such a bum. Both dogs will bring a bone/toy over to a shoe and start chewing or licking shoes and if I ask what they're doing they quickly switch back to the toy, like "absolutely nothing mom, this is clearly the most comfortable place to chew this bone..." If either dog has something they're not supposed to have, they'll walk with their head really low, looking up. They usually walk right into their crate thinking I won't take it from them while they're in there. XD

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder what's going on in their mind when they are doing these things." ok if im real slow and quiet she wont see me, getting further, little more, yay I am going to get away with it this time hehe Silly human"
Adds en extra special side to their personality I guess! Even when you don't catch them in time to save the shoes!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Both dogs will bring a bone/toy over to a shoe and start chewing or licking shoes and if I ask what they're doing they quickly switch back to the toy, like "absolutely nothing mom, this is clearly the most comfortable place to chew this bone..." If either dog has something they're not supposed to have, they'll walk with their head really low, looking up. They usually walk right into their crate thinking I won't take it from them while they're in there. XD
gunther used to do both those things! he doesn't chew on much other than bones anymore, though. And I don't use a crate anymore, but when I did, he used to have to go to it when he was getting into stuff that he wasn't supposed to (garbage, food on the counters). So he would just skip having us tell him to "go to your room" and just bring it straight in there. I'd find a stash of wrappers from the trash under his bed. lol

One of the weirdest things he does now is attack trees. He usually does this when he wants to chase a squirrel and it has run up the tree. He'll go up to the tree and jump up and take a bite out of it. I try not to let him do it, but sometimes he catches me off guard. I don't understand why he does this. It's like he's trying to bring the tree down so he can get the squirrel.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Not really along the same lines, but Buffy does the most adorable thing when I put her collar/leash on. I use a martingale collar on her, so I have to slip it over her head. She'll put her ears back and wag her tail as I approach her with the collar, as if she's saying, it's OK, I'll let you put it on no problem. Makes me smile every time.

And, heh, I just remembered when she has something she shouldn't have, she'll come up to you and will be moving it around in her mouth like crazy, especially if it's something little. She's kind of like, "Look at this thing I shouldn't have! Will you give me a treat for it?" She then drops it nicely when you ask her to trade. But, she'll purposely go looking for stuff that she shouldn't have to trade for treats. It so cute that I encourage it since it's not usually something dangerous - usually small ripped pieces of toys or a cap from a water/soda bottle (she loves to unscrew them).

·
Registered
547 Posts
Pepper isn't a sneak, but every so often, I'll realize he's not within my view (he is 99% of the time sitting next to me) and I realize he's by the pantry door trying to figure out how to get in and get some trats.

One of my favorite things he does is when I put his harness on him. He sits on my lap and leans back and kisses my chin as I'm putting the harness on him. He won't get off my lap till I kiss his head.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Whenever Kodi gets the rare chance to get into my room (which is off limits because he is a sock thief and I am terrible at keeping socks picked up) he walks around the room and shoves as many socks as he can find completely in his mouth, he then slinks with them out of the room with his ears back thinking I didn't see him. (Its amazing how many socks he can fit in his mouth!)

He also knows he's not supposed to lick but he has a thing for licking and he just cant help himself. So if he comes up to us we just move so he cant reach us with his tongue so he licks the air instead trying to reach us. Or if we are watching him and he knows it he does a really quick lick like "you cant reprimand me if I'm too fast!" Half the time he misses with his fast licks but its hilarious.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Not a quirk, but I thought it was funny. A friend's daughter has a baby only a few months old and had it on a pallet on the floor. They gave each of their min schnauzers a dog biscuit treat. One didn't want it right then but didn't want anyone else to have it, so he went over to the baby and nudged it up underneath her on the pallet. I guess he decided she was a guard baby!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know I'm bringing up an older thread but I was going to start a new one when a search found someone had already posted about the same thing and so here I am!

I'm unsure whether or not this is a common calming signal or just a cute behavioral quirk our pup has adopted after seeing how much attention he gets after doing it, but Niko has been greeting guests (and family alike) at the door with a bow/stretch and a big yawn while producing a loud gargling/grumbling sound! I have yet to film him do it but it makes me laugh every time! Our friends have now grown accustomed to it and greet him by replying: "Hi Niko, arrrgggrrrourmbkgfn to you too!"

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like when they hide their head under something when they know they are in trouble. Because hiding the head makes the rest of them invisible.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
When my foster is leashed in public (in training to be an assistance dog) and he doesn't want to "down" when you tell him to, he goes into a play bow position and just braces himself with his front part lying down and his butt in the air. If you try to push on his butt he just wags his tail.

Toby enjoys rubbing his head on people like a cat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts