Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is normal for any kind of dog. They are supposedly rot/pit mix but we aren't completely sure. They're both 10 weeks old and they are getting these strange spots on their fur that I've never seen on a dog. I don't just want to run to the vet and waste money just to find out that they are JUST spots so I thought I'd ask you guys your analysis first =]

Take a look.
IMG_0577.jpg
33466_158906380816463_100000913066679_277350_144623_n.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
It is difficult to tell from the pictures, anyway to get close ups? My Rottweiler's hair turned red after being the typical black for four years. I heard and tried everything, even had a blood test ( The vet was doing one anyway so we asked about the abnormal red hair) and all was well. We changed foods, to no avail. This happened when we moved to a colder climate for 2 months during the summer. Her hair did turn black again, only after about 6 months. The only thing that we are sure changed for her, is when we changed locations, she was drinking different water.

Other than that we never figured it out, all is well now. I don't know if that helps you make a decision or not. I have seen a lot of very different colored pit bulls, could be normal too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The spots are longer hair than the rest of their fur. The are getting tons of them. More every week. It's so weird. It doesn't seem like a medical thing. It's just odd.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well......a couple of things I can think of.
1. If your vet doesn't charge like an attorney you may want to give a call and ask
about this. I tried Google with no results.
2. Maybe this is the final coat growing out and you have a long hair.

My Rottie is a long hair Rottweiler. I mean REALLY long hair, like 7". But, her
hair did not come in as you are describing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts