Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of weeks ago our 11 month old weimararner started to get some spots on her body and neck, we took her to the vet and he put thought they were allergies and put her on benedryl. About 3 days later we noticed large nodules appearing on her neck one large one and one smaller one they feel like a swollen lymph node. She has been on the antibiotic Cephalexin and the anti-inflammatory Deramaxx for 3 days when this spot appeared on her inner thigh this evening (sorry about the quality she did not want to hold still for the pic). Having no medical or veterinary experience I think it looks like ringworm which is a fungal infection and wont be fought by the antibiotic. Do you think these could all be related and should I take her back to the vet tomorrow for the 3rd time in a week?

Thanks
dkoucky

Apparently I cannot figure out how to post the pic in this forum, but here is the link.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/dk3Zu1uUrlOb6xz_-MdqaA?feat=directlink

·
Banned
693 Posts
Honestly, if I had a vet who didn't diagnose a skin problem properly in two visits, I'd do a little research go to another vet with good reviews in my area and get another opinion. Especially if he's charging you for office visits during every appointment. Did he do skin scrapes, look at anything under a microscope, or take a fecal sample, or did he just look at it and give you more prescriptions?

Hard to tell from the photo, but it sounds like it is progressing and may be serious. Better photos may give us more of a clue as to how to help you, but a vet is going to be your best bet for treatment.

Good luck :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts