Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started playing the recall game with Mina tonight and she was fantastic at it. What makes it even better? She absolutely loved it, her little but was waggin every second we were playing. :p Our version of the game is John and I both went on opposite sides of the room, made some noises to get her attention and when it was clear she was going to whoever was calling her they would say 'Mina come' while she's on her way. When she gets there she has to get close enough for you to grab her collar and then she gets a tiny piece of hot dog (I slice the hot dogs in half and then slice those into pieces about the thickness of a dime). She caught on really quickly and by the end she was playing with a toy, I said 'Mina come' in a happy voice and she came running as fast as she could. Way to go little girl!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Congratulations on your success. But, I would occasionally make the reward being praised and petted. Sounds like a fun game for you all.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
be sure that you keep her with you after she comes back for a few seconds before releasing again. Make her stay by you while you praise pet and feed. You don't want to teach them to run up and then dash away after their treat.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, and we do mix it up where sometimes she only gets praise and sometimes she gets praise and a treat. We also make sure to grab her collar and hold her before she gets rewarded. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts