Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...WE didn't (everyone is Speuterd here) but we found a gaggle of new house guests.

Here's the story. I had just gotten home from work and was taking Jetta out to practice her off leash recall in the green belt behind my house. We made our way to the soccer fields and to our amazment (both mine and Jetta's I'm sure) what looks like a small shepherd dog being followed around b four chihuahuas. (it was dark...sue me :p)

Well...the weren't chihuahuas...they where puppies! I sat down, called them, and trotting over was a cute little shepherd mutt and her four babies! Well damn...we couldn't just leave them there >< So now we have a gaggle of foster pups and a momma dog.

The sad thing is, given the fact that they're all girls and it's common around here. We're guessing that somebody kept the boy pups ( and possibly daddy) and dumped the girls. Because who cares if the get OTHER people's dogs pregnant WE don't have to deal with the pups.

Well I'm off to bath them for fleas. They are COVERED in them. A good bath, a nail trim and ear cleaning are in order.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Thank you for taking in the little lady and her babies. You probably saved their lives. Looks like you have a really full house now! Are they staying with you for a while or is there a rescue to take them in?

·
Registered
178 Posts
aw! they got very lucky to find you, obviously! not everyone would've taken them in.. thank you for doing so :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I can't believe you would break the dogforum rules like this, Trillian.

I'm POSITIVE there's a rule somewhere that says ALL posts discussing the arrival of new puppies must be accompanied by multiple photos of said puppies, preferably adorable.

Come on. I really thought you were better than this.

(i am making the joke)

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I can't believe you would break the dogforum rules like this, Trillian.

I'm POSITIVE there's a rule somewhere that says ALL posts discussing the arrival of new puppies must be accompanied by multiple photos of said puppies, preferably adorable.

Come on. I really thought you were better than this.

(i am making the joke)
I KNOW!!! Rules are rules!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol will you ever forgive me D:

At the moment they are our charges. There's really no rescues I trust around here, all of the big name rescue groups (ADL, Human Society etc.) are completely full and it's VERY hard to get medium-large sized dogs/puppies into them even if they weren't. And the ACS (local pound) is not an option and never will be as long as we have other options.

As of now they are all bathed, trimmed and ear cleaned. They still have a number of fleas on them but at least now they are dead fleas. We're guessing they're around 10-14 weeks of age and are in need of worming. We'll most likely be taking them to Doc on Tuesday or Thursday.

This marks the...hm...fourth litter of puppies we've fostered this far, at least the momma is with us for this one.

AND pictures are on their way. We've found names for all the babies; Calliope, Piper, Gwen and Margo. But can't figure out a name for momma.

Honestly...it looks like momma tangoed with a number of young suiters, NONE of the puppies really look alike.

As far as momma goes, she seems to be a VERY sweet little lady about 4ish. She is very dog friendly and doesn't care about the cats at ALL.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I've decided Calliope will be coming here to Pennsylvania.

Other than that...

They are beautiful babies!!!!!!!!!! (all of them, including momma!)!

I really enjoy Piper. The random black pup!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I'm gonna hope and pray that my father gets work down in Texas pretty soon now...
It'll take -tons- of convincing though. xD

He turned down my idea to foster Huskies pretty quickly.

He said "You're going to get a puppy or dog husky to foster and when it gets adopted you're just going to let it go? You who can't let a puppy go to save your life?"

I kinda hung my head in shame and walked away. He laughed at me.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wish you luck :p

Well, they're not 'feral' puppies. I didn't think they where old enough to be truly wild but in the bast 5 hours they've really come to accept and expect human companionship and lovin. It helps a LOT that momma seems to be used to at least some human contact. She's skittish around fast movements and doesn't like having a leash put on her (?) but she's doing just fine. I don't think this is her first rodeo.

I hope, maybe just maybe, someone on here will adopt one :D or all. That way I KNOW they're going to a great home and I'll get updates. The last litter I fostered (Jetta's litter) was adopted with promises of updates but low and behold...not a single one D:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Aw. That's lame!!

I highly doubt id be able to get another dog even though I'd love to! I'll be too busy for whole to get another one :( Bella would enjoy a playmate though! We'll see how everything develops!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's all just another day here. Sadly we have hearts just a little too tender and a little too big, and we are the epitome of the 'failed foster' story. Taz, Cain AND Jetta where all suppose to be 'fosters' >< but not this time! They ALL have to go :c sadly. I LOVE having puppies around and so does the gang.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts