Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the long read :)

Today was quite a big day for Nala. A friend of ours has some property in the country, and we frequently go out there to do some shooting. Today was the first time we've gone since getting Nala. I was 100% ready to leave if she was scared at all, but when we arrived they were already shooting, and the sound from far away didn't startle her. I approached slowly to make sure she wasn't going to be spooked at all, but she handled it well, and didn't get scared at all :)

Then, we had a barbecue planned for this evening, and we had a family friend coming with their 3 year old lab, named Maddy. Nala hadn't met her yet, and after the introduction they got along great. My BF's sister brought her 2 year old son as well, and this was the first time she had been around anyone younger than 16, so I was a little nervous as to how she would handle it. When they arrived I had her on a leash, so she couldn't knock him over or anything. She did jump up once when he was trying to pet her, but after telling her no and making her lay down for him she stopped the jumping.

After that, she played fetch with him, and wouldn't run up to him too fast or anything. She was still very closely supervised, but she sure made me proud. The little boy sat down in the grass to play for a bit and she walked up to him, lied down, and crawled to him to see what he was doing. It was so cute to see her being gentle at only 4 months old :)

Thanks for reading, I just wanted to share my excitement at how well she did today with all the new experiences. I don't have pictures yet, but I may be able to get some up later. She's pretty tired from all the fun now, and sleeping at my feet as I type this :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts