Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Watson's five months old in a few days. Snapped this comparison of him a few minutes ago. ^_^ That's the day I got him at 9 weeks. He's gonna be so bummed when he grows out of that bed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Watson's five months old in a few days. Snapped this comparison of him a few minutes ago. ^_^ That's the day I got him at 9 weeks. He's gonna be so bummed when he grows out of that bed.

I don't know, it looks like he doesn't mind hanging off the edge of it anyway! Great comparison shot :D

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Love the comparison pictures :) he is adorable and has really lightened up a lot :)

·
Registered
17,901 Posts
OH my gosh, he's just ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Love the comparison pictures :) he is adorable and has really lightened up a lot :)
He really has. I can't get a good picture of it, but he's getting very red. His face got lighter and then a few weeks ago it started getting dark again. I have no idea what he's gonna look like grown, but it sure is fun to watch.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
He really has. I can't get a good picture of it, but he's getting very red. His face got lighter and then a few weeks ago it started getting dark again. I have no idea what he's gonna look like grown, but it sure is fun to watch.
Interesting....is this common in corgis? To lighten up and then get dark again?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Interesting....is this common in corgis? To lighten up and then get dark again?
You know, I've never had any experience with a corgi who isn't just the tan & white. It looks like what's happening is that his fur on his face got lighter, and then he started to develop markings underneath his fur. He's technically a "Sable" which is kind of an in between of the two main corgi colors, tan & white and tricolor. There isn't really a standard for what a sable is supposed to look like.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
You know, I've never had any experience with a corgi who isn't just the tan & white. It looks like what's happening is that his fur on his face got lighter, and then he started to develop markings underneath his fur. He's technically a "Sable" which is kind of an in between of the two main corgi colors, tan & white and tricolor. There isn't really a standard for what a sable is supposed to look like.
Hmmmm...well I'm excited to see what he'll look like :)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Even if fluffy isn't desired in the show ring for whatever reason, he's amazingly adorable :D

Siberian huskies can be "wooly" and have longer fur, which is one of the only disallowed traits. From my understanding, wooly coats are undesirable because snow will clump to it and the dog would freeze to death instead of being insulated- no idea how true that is. Wooly vs non-wooly.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Even if fluffy isn't desired in the show ring for whatever reason, he's amazingly adorable :D

Siberian huskies can be "wooly" and have longer fur, which is one of the only disallowed traits. From my understanding, wooly coats are undesirable because snow will clump to it and the dog would freeze to death instead of being insulated- no idea how true that is. Wooly vs non-wooly.
That sounds about right. Watson gets clumps of snow constantly. It's similar to the reason fluffs aren't allowed to show. Since they're so close to the ground, they get dirty easily, which isn't a problem with a normal short coated double coats. But fluffs need to be groomed all the time, and farmers don't have time for that.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I was bored and stalking Watson's parents on google. Found these vids on youtube of Watson's dad (Tex) herding as a pup. He's the one with the white collar.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I was bored today. We were cooped up inside because neither of us wanted to be outside for more than five minutes. Got some decent mug-shots of my handsome boy. Done with my husbands iPod though, so please excuse the quality.

I really like how his coloring is turning out on his chest. And he's gotten much more "fluffy" over the past month or so.

This is his "What the heck are you doing?" face:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
I honestly didn't realize how different he looks now till I posted those.

Left is 3 months, right is 6 months.

He lost the "bags" under his eyes. His head got darker, after it had gotten lighter, and he got that really pretty crest on his chest. His ears also got much darker.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts