Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

When should I be giving my 4 month old water? I've left water in her cage/crate all day and pick it up 1 hr before bedtime. After I walk her or play, she wants water but that may also be when she needs to go in the cage for awhile. Should I be putting water out at certain times of the day or after certain activities or leave it out all day?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hello,

When should I be giving my 4 month old water? I've left water in her cage/crate all day and pick it up 1 hr before bedtime. After I walk her or play, she wants water but that may also be when she needs to go in the cage for awhile. Should I be putting water out at certain times of the day or after certain activities?

Thanks!!
I make water accessible at all times. Food is only accessible for limited times during the day.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Water should always be available.

However, when you are housetraining, picking the water up several hours before bedtime is always a good idea. LImiting water and making several trips outside before bed will go along way in helping you and puppy get through the night.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I make water accessible at all times. Food is only accessible for limited times during the day.
Water should be accessible at all times. (Although you have to be careful if the dog isn't housebroken.) All food should ALWAYS be accessible only through NILIF IMHO.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I'm also trying to train 4 month old puppies, and i saw on "it's me or the dog" that while training you can sub out water for a few ice cubes after 6 so they are forced to drink it slower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts