Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

When should I be giving my 4 month old water? I've left water in her cage/crate all day and pick it up 1 hr before bedtime. After I walk her or play, she wants water but that may also be when she needs to go in the cage for awhile. Should I be putting water out at certain times of the day or after certain activities or leave it out all day?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hello,

When should I be giving my 4 month old water? I've left water in her cage/crate all day and pick it up 1 hr before bedtime. After I walk her or play, she wants water but that may also be when she needs to go in the cage for awhile. Should I be putting water out at certain times of the day or after certain activities?

Thanks!!
I make water accessible at all times. Food is only accessible for limited times during the day.

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
Water should always be available.

However, when you are housetraining, picking the water up several hours before bedtime is always a good idea. LImiting water and making several trips outside before bed will go along way in helping you and puppy get through the night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.