Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your dog like water? Noel doesn't mind it much. We have a little kiddy pool for her. We didn't think she would like it at first, but she surprised us. One day, we saw her standing in the pool, drinking the water. It was really cute! I should have gotten a picture!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Not especially, but on very hot days, and if there are no other dogs around to splash him, he will wade :)

·
Super Moderator
11,838 Posts
I've had water dogs most of my life.

My Irish setter mix used to go scuba diving with me. She'd paddle around on the surface and, as soon as someone would surface, she'd swim over to see if it was me. She was "bumped" by a sea lion who had pups nearby and she used to swim as I walked on the beach and pretty-much keep pace with me.

My black lab was a great swimmer, but had no use for small pools or puddles. His preference was for Lake Michigan.

Esther loves ALL water: a lake, a pool, the garden hose . . . We have an old claw-foot tub in our yard, waiting for some need for it. My wife has been filling it with the hose and Esther has been spending some time in there on hot days. And she has her 300-gallon stock tank.

Molly clearly can swim (she has crossed both of the two rivers in Two Rivers,) but she acts like she'd rather not.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Scout loves to get in the water. He will go out over his head but turns around pretty quickly to get back to where he can touch. He hates getting water in his ears. But he will romp around in the water all day if I'd let him. However, he is terrified of the water hose.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
If my dog could talk, I'm sure he'd say that Nature made a mistake in not providing him with gills.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Harlie doesn't even like to walk in wet grass. Rosco, however, seeks out water and he'll swim in anything I'll allow him in.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Lola will come across a puddle and jump over it. Whenever it is raining out where I park my truck there is a small puddle outside the drivers door. Lola will walk on the running board of the truck and then get in the door. She does the same coming out if the puddle is there. I wonder how she would handle it if the truck didn't have running boards.

On a dry day and there is no puddle at the truck door she will just jump up directly on the running board, jump to the floor of the truck, jump up to the drivers seat walk to the passenger seat and then jump in her car seat which is attached to the passenger seat.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
All 3 of my dogs like water. Nash just went actual swimming for the first time today. Lloyd won't swim if Allie is in the water though because she tries to drowned him.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Blaze loves water. we just got back from 3 days at the cottage, and he was outside all day in the lake. When he would even get slightly dry enough to bring himinside, he would be out in it again, brat. First thing he did every morning when I let him outside was run for the lake. Its a great way to keep him in shape and cool

1 - 13 of 13 Posts