Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Yep, the DVR is set and the WHOLE family will be watching it (they keep walking into the mall pet stores around here and ohhing and Ahhing over the pups:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Im watching it and I have this lump in my throat. I worked at a petland for four days. I quit because of what I saw there. I learned a lot working those four days and bottom line....DON'T BUY FROM A PET STORE!

Its so easy to do. They charge insane amounts of money for these dogs that are mostly sick or psychologically traumatized. Want a pure bred dog? Go to a breeder or a purebred rescue group. Dont care about breed? SHELTER!!!!!

I work at Petco now. We dont sell dogs. I get a lot of people coming in and asking for puppies. A lot of people just want to "see" puppies. But some are seriously wanting to buy. And after I try to quickly (cuz peoples attention span are short) explain why petstores are horrible places to buy puppies, they ask me if i know a petstore nearby that might have puppies. UGH!

And by the way, I just gave both my guys a big hug.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Darn, I go walk Trent at 10:00. I see if I can record it. :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
My boyfriend and I watched that together, and both of us were nearly ill by the end of it.

You know, I've known for a long, long time that pet store puppies were not the way to go. I just didn't realize how bad puppy mills were.

I think that one guy on there was Amish! The one that ran Limestone kennels in Pennsylvania. I could be wrong, but he was dressed like the Amish dress. I was shocked by that.

I read online, and found that Amish puppy mills are VERY common.

I couldn't get over that in Pennsylvania, the computer system automatically set everything to "Satisfactory" if it wasn't marked in by the people that did the kennel inspections for the USDA. :eek:

I wonder how many animals have had to suffer because of a computer glitch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts