Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My older dog (Pocky) was finishing my puppy's (Louie) food (there were just a few kibble left that he didn't want). While she was licking the bowl, I came up to her and Louie came too but he got a little close and she lunged at him. I'm pretty sure she didn't bite. Just growling and being in his face. His ears pinned back and he laid down but he started whining and barking at her. Again, she jumped at him, growling, being in his face, etc.

I stopped her both times. Was she correcting him? And if she was, should I have stopped her? Or was she just being food aggressive?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Sounds like it's high time to stop feeding them together. She wanted his food, he complained. She repeated, he complained again. Sounds like an altercation brewing. I wouldn't feed them together. If you insist on it, don't let one dog eat the other's food, even if they are done eating it. You will enhance the food bowl drama.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I see. They do fine eating next to each other, since Pocky eats in her crate. Next time I'll just pick up his leftover food. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts