Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Yeah, that did not sound like happy noises to me. But he wasn't turning his head to you either.. usually if it was pain, the dog would turn his head toward you and give you a sharp look but if he's a tolerant dog that trusts you he may not have.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I agree. It didn't sound very pleasant at all.
I know some dogs make odd noises, but to me that doesn't sound like the dog's enjoying that all that much.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
That dog IMHO does not sound or look well. I did not like the way he was lying there fairly motionless. It reminded me all too much of my previously ill dog. He looked to me to be in some sort of discomfort. I would take him to a vet.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I agree with the rest, if you actually come back here to read the posts, I hope he's already gone to the vets.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
When you first started, he licked his lips, a Calming Signal indicating that he might not like what was about to happen. A Ridgeback has very quick reflexes, so I imagine that he didn't react, other than moaning, because it was you. I didn't see a stretch, yawn, lick, or tail wag that might indicate enjoyment.

Also, the way that he was lying down looked a bit awkward, like he was trying to get comfortable/relief but not able. A vet may discover some arthritis and provide some pain meds.

How old is he?

·
Registered
76 Posts
When you first started, he licked his lips, a Calming Signal indicating that he might not like what was about to happen. A Ridgeback has very quick reflexes, so I imagine that he didn't react, other than moaning, because it was you. I didn't see a stretch, yawn, lick, or tail wag that might indicate enjoyment.

Also, the way that he was lying down looked a bit awkward, like he was trying to get comfortable/relief but not able. A vet may discover some arthritis and provide some pain meds.

How old is he?
have to agree with the tongue flick dog wasn't comfortable. also dog looks to be up there in age and seems to get uncomfortable when touching the rump and tail set area "by back near tail" I would always go to vet if unsure of anything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts