My 10 3/4 year old Doberman Pinchser passed away on March 19, 2012 due to the side effects of Proin. She was given this medicine in December 2011 for incontinence. She immediately stopped eating, had a rapid heart beat and was just laying around. I looked it up on line and took her off of it after just a few days. I went on line and ordered a holistic incontinence med that worked fine. But unknown to me that the damaged had already been done. She seemed to get a little better but then on Feb. 10 she had a bad dizzy spell episode. I ran her to the vets and she said it was vertigo. I told her again about the side effects of the proin that I had learned about and was she sure it wasn't a heart attack or stroke, she assured me it was not. I know believe it was a stroke. On March 18 she was up all night choking and by morning her lungs were filling with fluid and she had a heart murmur. She was in congestive heart failure. To make matters worse, she had blown out her ACL knee ligament and was waiting for surgery, she now would never survive the surgery. She was a very healthy but aging dog before this med. This just put her over the edge. I read of so many sad stories like mine that I had to share mine also. My heart breaks everyday and I miss her soooo much. My best friend and loyal companion! I feel for anyone who has ever lost a pet. I tell everyone not to give your dog or cat for that matter,any med with out looking it up online for side effects or for an alternate holistic form. Don't even pay for it until you check it out first, then will not take the med back. I have a whole bottle of Proin now that just bring back all the memories. I hope this information helps save another animals life!