Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all- i want to adopt this lost puppy but not sure how large it will grow (my apt has restrictions. can anyone help identify this bread?

thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Do you know how old she is? For a mix her age would probably be more telling than a guess at her breeds. Hopefully someone can come clarify this, but I know there is an age at which double their current weight will be approximately their adult weight.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
What's making you think she's a puppy? Her proportions look like an adult dog to me but it's hard to tell with all of that fur. Btw, she looks like a havanese mix to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone! i think it may be a Bearded Collie too. doesn't anyone have any experience with this bread?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
If you look at her teeth (if you can) do you notice that they are very very sharp (could be puppy teeth, but she looks older than that) or do they have any plaque around her gumline? Thats always been the best indicator for me with rescue dogs, as plaque (likely) wouldn't present itself in a dog under a year old. If there's significant plaque, I would guess that she's close to (or done) growing.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Such an adorable dog :)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
If she was found on the streets, have you tried locating the owner? Have you checked for a microchip?

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Her coat looks merle to me? (anyone else seeing that?) I almost wonder if she's not an 'aussiedoodle' or something of that sort.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
If you found her on the street she needs to be taken to a vet to be scanned for a microchip. Frankly she looks she could WELL be a bearded collie to me and she looks VERY well taken care of.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I second the Vet. The Vet may not know the breed, but can probably identify the age, and from there you can estimate the adult weight.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just because dogs have Briard or Beardie coats doesn't mean they have those breeds in their mix. I agree with Laurelin and would guess some kinda Doodle.

And yeah, she looks to have adult proportions and with that coat, couldn't have been out on her own for very long. It obvious she's been to groomer or someone trims her.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Have you tried locating the owners. She is obviously not a street dog, or neglected. Looks like she has had a very recent groom. since her feet are still round and the hair near her eyes isnt very grown out at all. looks like a adult to me.

Id say aussie/poodle cross or bearded collie X

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
If you found her on the street she needs to be taken to a vet to be scanned for a microchip. Frankly she looks she could WELL be a bearded collie to me and she looks VERY well taken care of.
Agreed....she looks fully grown and well groomed to me, I would make sure you and your friend double and tripple check for a possible owner.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts