Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my loving boy Carsten proved once again what a fabulous protection dog he is NOT. In my bedroom I have a series of 4 closets that are on the wall where the foot end of the bed is pointed. Oliver sleeps on the bed next to me, I sleep on the side by the door and Carsten sleeps USUALLY on his bed which is on the side of the bed that Oliver sleeps on. Sometimes he is so lonely for me that he chooses to sleep on the floor next to my side. This morning was cooler and he was on his beds (he has several stacked on top of each other for added cush, and warmth)

This morning one of my closet doors opened from the inside (Eleanor has a habbit of sleeping in there) Well Carsten leapt on top of the bed, ran over the top of Oliver and laid down right on my head. I think I heard a very clear "Mommy, I am scared, protect me!" I couldn't help but laugh at him. He is such a mama's boy and really needs me to keep him safe. ha ha At the same time, I have actually seen this dog try to protect me against scary humans. I guess he isn't ready to take on closet monster's yet. ha ha

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Maybe Carsten and Biscuit talked on the phone last night to make plans. This morning at 6:20 we were awakened by 40 pounds of flop-eared blond puppy leaping on the bed, something Biscuit NEVER usually does. They're lucky they're so cute!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Well I guess now we know where those dangerous, wild-eyed, murderous Rotties got their reputation from. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think they all had a conference call... I woke up by Mr. Achilles leaping directly on top of me. Which sucks, I am still sore from the snowboarding trip last weekend. Somehow I think that beautiful big Rottie would be a little more humorous watching as a bystander though. Carsten is such a big and beautiful boy!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Such a sweet story :) ........................,

I only had a Poodle mix dog in my bed this morning .... didn't have room to move all night! :) Such a bed hog! :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hehe well, doesn't sound as bad as what my bf has gone through several times with Thumper.. 40lb dog leaping on the bed and landing where the sun don't shine apparently seems a lot worse than a 40lb dog landing on your face.. LOL

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Rottis really are dangerous, huh? lol

Kabota will stand against the bed and chuff into my ear to wake me up to put his blankie back on, but we haven't had closet monsters yet.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe Carsten and Biscuit talked on the phone last night to make plans. This morning at 6:20 we were awakened by 40 pounds of flop-eared blond puppy leaping on the bed, something Biscuit NEVER usually does. They're lucky they're so cute!

Well Carsten is going to be losing his phone privileges as I do not care to repeat that. ha ha

Well I guess now we know where those dangerous, wild-eyed, murderous Rotties got their reputation from.
Ha Ha Yeah, well it had to come from somewhere. :)

I think they all had a conference call... I woke up by Mr. Achilles leaping directly on top of me. Which sucks, I am still sore from the snowboarding trip last weekend. Somehow I think that beautiful big Rottie would be a little more humorous watching as a bystander though. Carsten is such a big and beautiful boy!
Yeah, admittedly, I Am a little sore now. Thanks for the complement. I think he is a cutie face too but I know I am partial. ha ha

Such a sweet story ........................,

I only had a Poodle mix dog in my bed this morning .... didn't have room to move all night! Such a bed hog!
Oliver is the only dog that sleeps all night on my bed. I only have a queen size bed and Oliver takes more then half the bed as it is. Then Eleanor will often sleep on my pillow while I am TRYING to sleep also. No room for another Rottie full time on the bed.

Hehe well, doesn't sound as bad as what my bf has gone through several times with Thumper.. 40lb dog leaping on the bed and landing where the sun don't shine apparently seems a lot worse than a 40lb dog landing on your face.. LOL
Yeah, I wouldn't complain too much about 40 lbs. Carsten is over a hundred. Ugh! I certainly wouldn't want him landing on anyone's privates either. ha ha

Rottis really are dangerous, huh? lol

Kabota will stand against the bed and chuff into my ear to wake me up to put his blankie back on, but we haven't had closet monsters yet.
Yup, I usually get the morning ear snuffles from Carsten but this time the closet monster scared him into a more intense reaction. A "painful for me" reaction. He is truly lucky he is loved.

·
Banned
964 Posts
I wake up every morning... to a growing 80 lb Rottie on my bed.
Sometimes she drops a marrow bone on my eye ..or puts her paw in my mouth...or sometimes she sits on my head..

She aint heavy...Shes my Rottie

·
Registered
507 Posts
He is such a mama's boy and really needs me to keep him safe.
Yes, but the bad guys don't know this! If I were a housebreaker, seeing a Rottie would be the visual equivalent of hearing someone rack a shotgun. I'd find another house to rob.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I saw the thread title, I was so hoping for a picture! :)

Ah yeah, I was completely incapacitated by a giant very heavy Rottie butt on my head. It was a trembling Rottie butt and he was still trying to crane his neck around to see the closet monster coming out. I know my boy Oliver was just laying there rolling his eyes at the whole thing. ha ha Needless to say, I could not get a picture and it was just Oliver, Carsten, Eleanor and myself there to witness Carsten's embarrassment.

Yes, but the bad guys don't know this! If I were a housebreaker, seeing a Rottie would be the visual equivalent of hearing someone rack a shotgun. I'd find another house to rob.
I don't know... If I came that far into the break in to see the family Rottweiler sitting on the owner's head and essentially holding them down, I might come back again the next week to hit the house again. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts