Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

w00t! *happy dance*

467 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dunixi 
#1 ·
Its a warm day here in Maine, almost 80 degrees. I took Tiberius for his afternoon walk and of course all the kids are out to play. We went down to our neighbor's house because they all love Tiberius. He actually sat calmly and let all four kids pet him! He didn't run! He let both parents come up and pet him! He did so well!! They brought him out some ham, and broke it into pieces. Each child got a piece and he took the treats gently and slowly from each kid!! I am so impressed!! Yay for my shy boy!!

Sorry I had to share my happiness.

#4 ·
Good job Tiberius! When there is someone he is particularly wary of try having them stand next to Tiberius, about an arms length away, facing the same direction as him and tell them to lick their lips and yawn and drop/toss treats to him. I've found that helps a lot when they are afraid of someone.

#5 ·
Once the guy sat down he went over and investigated him. And the gentleman did get him to take a tiny sliver of ham from him. When I got to town again I'm going to get lots of goodies to carry with me on walks. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.